Monday, January 24, 2011

Dog wash

I started house sitting for my boss on Saturday, and usually I'd be super pumped about having a whole house to myself, but sadly, I don't really get the house to myself, I have to share it with two dogs.I've never been an animal person. I look at pets like babies, they're cute for five minutes and then I'm exhausted and annoyed. They jump all over you, lick you, bark, whine and pout when you don't give them enough attention. Plus you have to feed them, wash them and clean up their shit. How any of that sounds appealing to anyone is beyond me. I'll admit they're cute. But they're definitely cuter at a distance. Of the two dogs, the older one, Skipper, is much more laid back, although he's been moping around the house for the past two days because he misses my boss and his wife. Don't ask me what kind he is because I have no clue, nor do I honestly care. The other one, Jenny, is a little terror who nips at Skipper, who is much bigger than her, and constantly crawls all over me. To make things worse, she also gives me allergies. So the boyfriend and I took the initiative to wash her yesterday. Well, he did. I just took photos. I know it might seem like I got the easy job, but if you read my last post, you'd know that I'm in desperate need of practice.
Anyway, we couldn't find dog shampoo, even though it was sitting on the edge of the bathtub, so we made our own from a recipe I found online. Did you know people shampoo is too harsh for their skin? Well it is, so we used a mixture of Dial hand soap and vinegar. When we started, we thought it was going to turn into a huge, messy ordeal, but, aside from shaking herself on Ian's face, Jenny was calm. Well at least until we let her out of the bathroom. Then she went nuts! She was running all over the place, rolling around and rubbing her fur against the carpet. I don't know what the hell she was doing, but it was damn entertaining. The only downside was, when she was finished, she didn't smell nearly as good and she was back to licking my face. Ugh...

1 comment:

  1. Awwww that puppy is adorable! You are such a monster Nicole. Even I like puppies. Not babies though. Everyone can keep their damn babies.

    ReplyDelete