Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Goals and aspirations

I have always been a goal oriented person. I basically crumble and end up in the fetal position every time I find myself without an immediate goal. That's actually the reason I like school so much, there is always something to work toward and you constantly have a sense of accomplishment.
Lately I have been thinking a lot about what it is that I really want out of life. I know I'm still young and have tons of time to figure my life out, but I feel an intense need to make sure I'm on the right path.
That's why I drew this:
This is my 30 before I'm 30 list/my list of resolutions for 2011.
I know I've already talked about hating resolutions, but I think these are legitimate goals to pursue. It's not like I've written down, 'Lose weight' or 'Quit smoking.'
Instead, my goals are things like act in the vagina monologues, interview mom and dad, spend money on experiences not possessions, be more adventurous, write for pleasure, blog and learn Dutch.
There are so many things I want to accomplish and so many things that I could easily be doing right now, so I figure by putting my goals out to the world and by having this picture hanging on my wall, maybe I'll get the kick in the butt that I need to make my goals a reality.
I can honestly say that of those things, I'm already doing a number of them.
As you can see in my last post, I'm working on my photography skills and I'm blogging, which could also be considered writing for pleasure. I'm also working on surrounding myself with positive people. I'm definitely being more adventurous and I'm taking time for nature.
And most importantly, I'm working on my ultimate goal, which is reporting from every province and territory.
To date, I've reported in British Columbia, Ontario, New Brunswick and the Northwest Territories. I'm not sure where will be next, or when that will be, but right now, I'm leaning in the direction of the Yukon or Newfoundland ... and yes, I know they're in completely different directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment