Tuesday, March 15, 2011

ModCloth, my saviour

I started this blog in January with a post titled "Parka blues."
I was writing about the fact that I'm so sick of putting on the same parka every day.
Like I say in the post, I've never been a fashionista, but lately, because of my parka blues, I've started caring a little more about the outfits that lie beneath my green marshmallow-resembling parka.
Enter ModCloth.
I had looked at the 'Mod Retro Indie Clothing and Vintage Clothes' website many times before moving to Yellowknife, but never thought I could pull off the looks.
That was until I got to Yellowknife where the places to shop for clothes are limited to Reitmans, Bootlegger, Jean Warehouse, Mark's Work Wearhouse and Walmart.
Don't get me wrong, Reitmans is great when I need work clothes, Mark's is awesome when I want long johns and Jean Warehouse can sometimes have surprisingly nice clothes, it's just that I long for a little - actually, a lot - more variety.
And ModCloth has been my saviour. The site has spiced up my wardrobe with colourful dresses, skirts, tights and scarves that I wouldn't find in Yellowknife.
I'm writing this post today having just received a box full of new gems to hang in my closet.
I picked it up at lunch time and had to wait until the end of the day to finally come home and model my new outfits in front of the mirror.
And now that I've done it, I'm happy to report that my bright blue tights, River of Gold Skirt, Oh What a Paisley It Was Scarf, Dappled and Darling Dress and In the Musée d'Orsay Dress all fit beautifully.
The lot was also reasonably priced, coming in at $110 including shipping!
Yay for deals and new clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment