Friday, June 24, 2011

Northern solstice

The longest day of the year actually means something in the North. I have never thought about it or celebrated it. It's always just come and gone without notice. But here, solstice is something to stop and appreciate. So I did. Here are some photos of my glorious Northern solstice. Above is a photo of my friend K-Hud and me before we hopped in the water for a late night swim. P.S. Notice how light it is? That photo was taken at about 11 p.m. Yay for the land of the midnight sun!
This was taken on our mini hike to the mini cliffs. The sun was red because of the smoke in the air from a nearby forest fire.
Taking a dip. The water was awesome and the air was still warm.
As if that wasn't exciting enough, then this happened...
That Arctic Sunwest floatplane took off right across the lake and flew over us while we were in the water cheering.
Who knew the longest day of the year could be so fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment