I've spent the past few weeks scouring the interwebs for projects to do this winter. Like I said at the end of my last post, I have decided that this will be the winter of DIY. I'm feeling particularly inspired to create things, so I've been looking for ideas and bookmarking like crazy (because I don't yet have one of those Pinterest things. I'll get on that soon!).
Anyway, I thought I would share with you some of the things I'm dying to make.
1. Sock monkeys! I've decided that am going to give these cuddly little lumberjack stuffies to my nephews for Christmas this year. Shhh... don't tell them! I found this tutorial that I intend to follow. Cute, right!?
I already bought all the stuff, now I just have to make time to sew them. I'm not totally sold on the heart, so I think I might have to come up with something different. I might just put an "I" for Isaiah and an "E" for Eligh. I haven't decided yet. I'm sure I'll be inspired once I start putting these cuties together.
2. Now, for myself, I'm going to make a stylish camera bag out of an old purse. I'm super excited about this project because I hate carrying around my ugly black camera bag when I'm working. I know this is super girly of me to say, but it doesn't match any of my outfits and always ends up looking like an eyesore. Check out the tutorial on BlogHer. It seems pretty simple.
3. Also for myself, I'm going to crochet a headband. Isn't this one adorable? I found it on my new favourite website, Craft Gawker. If the first one goes well, I'm thinking these would be a good gift for all the ladies in my life. Oops.. if you're a lady in my life, pretend you didn't read that. Also, when Christmas rolls around and you don't get one and you haven't seen me wearing one, assume the project went off the rails. But don't ask about it. I'm sensitive about my crafting abilities.
4. I found this awesome idea for a magnetic make-up board that keeps your sink or make-up table clear. It's easy, all you do is put magnets on the back of all of your products and then stick them onto a framed piece of metal. I figure this will be an easy project to do while I drink a cup of tea during a snowy afternoon.
5. Along the same lines is this earring rack.
Right now all of my earrings are shoved in a Ziploc bag inside my medicine cabinet, which means instead of digging through them, I have been wearing the same two pairs of earrings for the last two months. I figure getting them out of the bag and onto a frame will inspire me to put more thought into my accessories.
If you're looking for a cool way to organize your necklaces, there is also this holder made out of a rake. I would totally hang this in my house if I didn't already have an amazing tree for all of my necklaces and bracelets.
6. I also love these mod podge glasses. I need to organize the craft table in my new apartment, so I thought I could buy various jars and glasses to hold my paint brushes, pens, scissors, etc. and then cover them in different paper. I think the end result will be fantastic.
Well anyway, those are just a few of the ideas floating around my craft table. I hope I've inspired you to get crafting, too.