Friday, December 9, 2011

I present to you...

 

That's right, my store is open for business. So far, there are 14 items up for sale and there should be more soon. I actually have two more cozy headbands made, I just have to take the photos. I also have two cute baby headbands with flowers on them, I just don't have a baby to model them. (I'm thinking I'll use a round fruit of some sort. That might be cute, right?)

I have Ian to thank for all of the lovely photos that are already on the site, including my Pickled Yarn header. I also have to thank him for helping me brainstorm a new name. I'm happy that, in the end, I was able to ditch Space Gerbil Accessories. And without Ian, I would never have reached Pickled Yarn. I was tapped out at, "I was thinking I want something with pickle in it."
So anyway, a huge thanks to Ian!

Also, thanks to my friends who encouraged me to open up a shop. Since posting my stuff on Sunday, I've already had a few people favourite my hair clips, so I can only hope that leads to sales.

In other do-it-yourself news, I just got the The Bust DIY Guide to Life in the mail from Amazon, so I'm excited to dive into that to pick out some more projects to tackle during the winter of DIY. One idea I particularly love is the Spice it Up spice rack, which is made out of an old suitcase. You mount it on your wall, so it opens like a door and you put a few shelves inside. It's one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

The book also has all kinds of great gardening tips that I intend to read before I start my community garden plot in the spring.

So as you can probably tell, I am super pumped on creating and doing things myself right now. It feels so awesome to constantly be accomplishing things without the help of others. (Although, as I've already said, Ian's been a fantastic help in getting my shop together.)

Anyway, I hope everyone is wrapping up all of their Christmas crafts and making them into beautiful packages for their loved ones. I know that's what I've been busy doing. And I'm almost done. All that's left is my Christmas baking, which I hope to do this coming weekend. Fingers crossed I don't burning anything!

Happy holidays everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment