Friday, February 3, 2012

DIY: Cardigan revamp and infinity scarf

It feels like this post has been forever coming. I have had the good intention to write it all week, but some how I've been too busy to just sit my butt down and do it. But I'm here now and I have 20 minutes to kill, so here it goes.

I have been a busy little DIYer the last little while, so I figure it's time I show you a couple of the easy projects I've been working on.

So this was the simplest project of all time.  Basically I bought this cardigan at Value Village for a couple bucks. It was missing a two buttons and another was falling off, so I just replaced them with colourful ones to give it a little more personality. Now that I look at it in the pictures, I think I'll replace the top one with another colourful button. You might also notice my deer pin. It was one of my Christmas presents from my sister this year. She made it and I love it!

Now onto my infinity scarf. I finished it a couple of weeks ago now and have had quite a bit of wear out of it already. Because I didn't have much of the wool, I decided to make it longer rather than thicker. That means it can wrap around three times, which I kind of like.

Like I said in an earlier post, infinity scarves are incredibly easy. Basically you just crochet a chain as long as you want the scarf to be and then build on it until it's as thick as you want and then you attach the two ends by either crocheting them together with wool or sewing them together with wool.

This one took me about two evenings to complete. Not bad, eh?

Just a friendly reminder that my giveaway ends on Sunday, so if you want your very own Pickled Yarn hair clip free of charge, you should head over to my last post and leave a comment with your email address.

No comments:

Post a Comment