I promised I'd show you how to make something delicious and I've followed through. What you're looking at are scrumdiddlyumptious snickerdoodles. (I must confess that I did just look up how to spell scrumdiddlyumptious and I can proudly say I was only off by one letter! Maybe I should enter a spelling bee.) You're also looking at rooibos tea, which is being infused into my steaming hot water by Ian's rhinoceros tea infuser.
To make them, here's what you'll need:
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
And here's what to do:
- Preheat the over to 400 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs making sure to mix well.
- Finally, stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, blending well.
- Shape the dough into one inch balls and then roll the dough in a combination of two tablespoons sugar and two teaspoons ground cinnamon.
- Put the finished cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for six to eight minutes.
|"Nom nom nom," says Mr. Rhinoceros|