Thursday, March 15, 2012

Doodle me this


I promised I'd show you how to make something delicious and I've followed through. What you're looking at are scrumdiddlyumptious snickerdoodles. (I must confess that I did just look up how to spell scrumdiddlyumptious and I can proudly say I was only off by one letter! Maybe I should enter a spelling bee.) You're also looking at rooibos tea, which is being infused into my steaming hot water by Ian's rhinoceros tea infuser.

Snickerdoodles are what my friend described as "grandma cookies." They are lightly coated in cinnamon sugar, dry on the outside and moist on the inside. Basically, they're to die for.

To make them, here's what you'll need:
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

And here's what to do:

  • Preheat the over to 400 degrees.
  • Combine the sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs making sure to mix well.
  • Finally, stir in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt, blending well. 
  • Shape the dough into one inch balls and then roll the dough in a combination of two tablespoons sugar and two teaspoons ground cinnamon.
  • Put the finished cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for six to eight minutes.
They can be finicky and burn on the bottoms, so keep an eye on them and be sure to take them off the pan as soon as they come out of the oven. Aside from that, they're super easy to make and the pay off is enormous.

"Nom nom nom," says Mr. Rhinoceros
In my next post I'll show you the behind the scenes shots from my earring organizer photoshoot. I had the frame suspended from a boom with fishing line, there were clamps and a broom, furniture, light stands and duct tape. It was quite the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment