Saturday, April 21, 2012

A love list


I've been suffering from excruciating headaches for eight days now and have been finding it hard to stay positive. So the other day, after being inspired by one of Kaylah's posts over at The Dainty Squid, I decided to write a list of some of the things I love. I found the list was cut short when I reached the end of the page, but even so, just writing and thinking about the things that make me happy made me feel at least a little bit better about my situation.

And after my list was written, something wonderful happened. The following day, when I woke up, I found the boyfriend had written his own list. He had come across mine in the wee hours of the morning after being out with friends and stayed up to think about the things he loves. So, the next morning when I woke up, I found his notebook with his favourite things written in it.

It was such a lovely surprise to find his love list, especially since there were a few items that made me laugh and many I knew I'd find (like eating ice cubes, scotch, photographing things to highlight their beauty and bacon). I haven't asked him, but I'm sure there were a number of things on my list that he could have predicted, too.

So anyway, for a 10-minute positivity exercise, I'd say it was a pretty big success. And, although totally unrelated, my headaches are improving with the help of some anti-inflammatories the doc prescribed. So things are looking up!

What do you do when you're feeling down and out?

1 comment: