Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mountain life


Sometimes I still find it hard to believe that this is in my backyard. I honestly look up at the mountains some days and think they're watercoloured in. They're like a paint by numbers done by someone who knows how to stay inside the lines when it's required, while still taking some creative liberties.


"Could those be real?" reminds me of guys talking about boobs. And just like boobs, all you have to do is touch the mountains to know if they're 100 per cent natural. (In the case of mountains, they generally are, with few exceptions, real, but with boobs, you just never know.)


I can assure you this guy's real too. He hangs out on this snowy hill right outside our living room window. He's our pal and even let me get pretty close to him to take this photo. Ian was watching (and cursing me) through the window as I creeped closer and closer to get a better shot. He thinks safety first, I think photo first. I survived it, so, in this case, my way of thinking definitely reigns supreme.


I tell ya, mountain life is pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you live in an amazing place! I live in the city, so it's so hard for me to imagine opening the window and breathing fresh air coming right from the montains. It must be such a pleasure to look through your window every morning and see such a paradise!

    Sara from A Modern-Day Lady

    ReplyDelete