Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sixties mod with pockets


It felt so good to get this dress out of my closet. I haven't worn it since late last summer, so wearing it kind of felt like a good omen. Fingers crossed the warm weather finds us soon!

I found this little treasure during a shopping adventure at Value Village last spring. It was the boyfriend's first time seeing me shop at the always fabulous VV boutique, and he really didn't know what he was getting himself into when agreed to join my sister and me. You see, when we go, we generally find ourselves with a heaping buggy of goodies to try on and we also try on half of the dresses in the store while standing in the aisle. (Hence my earlier use of the word adventure!)

Although it was more than Ian bargained for, he was actually the one that picked up this dress and forced me to try it on. So cheers to him for an awesome find (and for sticking it out with us girls as we spent four hours perusing the store).


Head to toe:
Earrings: Flea Market (London, ON)
Dress: Thrifted
Sweater: Thrifted
Tights: Value Village Halloween collection
Shoes: Ardenes


Do you have any clothes that remind you of summer?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! I also have tons of clothes that remind me of summer. A bunch of dresses, of course, some shorts and tops... Anything with light colours and fabrics!

    Sara from A Modern-Day Lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pair of oxfords! So nice to be able to wear a dress again, right?

    Amanda of Prim and Propah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I haven't stopped wearing dresses. I'm stubborn and wear them all winter long. But this one is just to springy/summery to pull off when it's -20 outside. It doesn't look quite so nice when you have a parka on top. :)

      Delete