Thursday, April 12, 2012

Skinny jeans. On me. Can you believe it?


Although I'm new to this whole outfit post thing, I think it could get a little boring standing in the same poses time and time again, so I took some inspiration from my weekend photoshoot with my brother and came up with midget tiger. (But seriously, how short do I look in that photo?)

From top to bottom:
Necklace: Craft fair
Shirt: Bluenotes
Sweater: Kensie
My first ever skinny jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: American Eagle

Let's take a moment to talk about skinny jeans, shall we? The pair I'm wearing in these photos is one of two I bought on the weekend. They're the first two pairs I've ever bought. Now that's not because I don't like them. It's because they don't generally make them for short people with a tubby midsection. Usually, you can only find low rise skinny jeans, which create delightful muffin tops on ladies like me. And usually they are only made for tall people, so when shorties try them on, they end up with floppy jean slippers.

But on Sunday, the stars aligned and I found two pairs that fit me perfectly in length and waist. I have to say, I left Forever 21 feeling fantastic - especially 'cause each pair only cost me $12.50. Heck ya! I know where I'll be doing all of my jean shopping in the future. How about you?

What's your biggest beef with clothes? Are there certain kinds that just aren't made to fit your body type?

1 comment:

  1. Nicole, if you take your photos at belly-button level instead of eye-level (or even higher, as in the first photo) you will look much taller in the pictures. The lower level the photos are taking, the taller you will look :) .

    That said, I also used to hate skinny jeans because, let's say, I've got chubby legs. Especially my calves. But once I tried them on and they weren't that bad. Now I love them and can't live without them. So probably it will be the same to you, haha!

    Sara from A Modern-Day Lady

    ReplyDelete