Sunday, April 22, 2012

Spring, what a tease


I know everyone's been bowing down to the sun and the departure of snow since the spring equinox last month, but here in the Rocky Mountains it is only now beginning to feel like the season of rebirth. So I would like to take this opportunity to say welcome to the birds and the flowers and the blossoming trees. Man does it ever feel good to say that. It's felt like a long winter this year. I know that's silly considering everyone in Canada has been saying we didn't have one at all. But damn, it was long.

I mean, just this week within five minutes there was sun, rain, hail and snow. I'm not exaggerating. It all happened outside my office window. It went from one extreme to the next. (I hope by writing this I'm not dooming myself to more of Mother Nature's mood swings.)

Because all I want right now are days like yesterday. Days where I can go outside in a cardigan without a jacket. Days where I can wear flats without getting cold feet. Days when I need my sunglasses because Mr. Golden Sun is shining brightly in the sky. And days where I can sit on the patio drinking a glass of ice cold white wine without getting a chill.
                        
Today is a bit gloomy, but it's still warm, so I won't complain. I'm sure by this afternoon I'll be able to get out on the patio for at least a cup of tea.

What are you most excited about now that spring is finally here?

No comments:

Post a Comment