Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Surprise snail mail


I LOVE snail mail. I love it so much that I actually have a bit of an online shopping habit. I guess you could call it an Etsy habit. But, whatever, I love finding the little slip in my mailbox telling me I have a package. There is really nothing better than that. And since I'm a little old for care packages, I've taken it upon myself to create my own mailbox excitement by purchasing amazing things online... which brings me to my latest discovery: Fair Ivy.

Fair Ivy sends out packages each month with surprise handmade items in them. All of the goods are made in the United States by artisans and then they are shipped out in limited quantities to people in the U.S. and Canada. But when you order, you have no idea what you're getting. You just have to wait and see. I found the site while reading A is for Ampersand awhile back and had been waiting to order a package until the website was updated, but I got antsy and ordered an April "Fun Ivy" package, instead of getting the "Fair Ivy" package made just for the ladies, since that one was sold out.

Anyway, check out what I got: 

  



So, what you're looking at is a cute little felt munchkin from The Feltery, chocolate caramel treats from Candy Method and star earrings from what I think is called Apem Puey, but I'm not totally sure because I'm just reading a faint stamp on the box.

Now, I know the cool thing right now is to be order a Luxe Box or Glossybox, but I know myself too well and I know my overflowing medicine cabinet too well to get into that fad. I would receive the products, use each of them for a week, blog about it and then put them in my overflowing cabinet of expired products and forget about them. So I figure, Fair Ivy is just the thing for me. I know the felt creature is probably useless, but it's totally cute and I already have a spot for it on the window sill above my craft table.

My final justification for purchasing a package from Fair Ivy is that I'm supporting small business owners and crafters, which I think is totally awesome.

I can't wait until they finally release their new concept and update the website so I can get my hands on the new fun items designated just for the ladies.

What's your favourite thing to get in the mail?

3 comments:

  1. I love this! There is literally NOTHING as exciting as getting a package slip. I write to all my friends while we are at uni, because I love getting post! xxxx

    http://tiffin11.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post!

    XXX,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Swag! I love snail mail too, and have an etsy addiction of my own, LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete