Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Goggles on a mountain top


So remember a couple of weeks ago when I wrote about rappelling from a gondola during an evacuation training session? Well, on Monday, I finally made it all the way up to the top of the tramway and man was it gorgeous. The tram takes you more than 1,350 metres above sea level (just about to the top of Whistlers Mountain) so you can look out over various mountain ranges and the town of Jasper.

Now, although that was cool. The best part of our little adventure actually came when Ian took out his camera bag. Inside, he had three pairs of his war goggles (eBay finds!). There was a pair for me, a pair for him and a pair for his dad. The result is as follows:


Is that not the best?

Ian is known for his goofy photos of he and his friends and even his family. For Father's Day last year, he and I showed up to his parents' house wearing fake moustaches and two of his dad's old hats. You know, because imitation is the best form of flattery. So in the end we had Ian's mom and sister with them on as well and I took a fantastic family photo full of moustaches. So great! (I have it on my fridge, but not in digital form. My apologies!)

Do you have any funny family portraits?

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I miss the tramway. And to answer your question, we do get stared at when Raimund smokes pipe. It's hilarious. He's basically like an old professor with his tweed and hats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that is awesome! Don't think I have even one goofy family photo. Quite strange, right? ;)

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I'm pretty sure funny family portraits are the only kind my family takes! But goggles aside, I love your hat!!!

    ReplyDelete