Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A plea to cat lady bloggers

Image source.



So I've been thinking about this for awhile and have finally decided to say it. What the hell is with every cute fashion blogger being a cat lady? There are so many damn cat ladies out there in the blogosphere!

Now, I don't by any means hate cats, but I don't own one, nor do I want to. I guess I'm also allergic to them and that plays into my whole not wanting one thing, but I also just don't want one.

I mean, they're OK, I guess. Like, the one I posted here is pretty funny looking, which is cute. But sometimes, I just don't want to go to my favourite blogs and see 10 photos of a blogger's cat. Is that fair? Probably not. I mean it is your blog and you have the right to share whatever it is that you're into.

But, but, but... just stop! Won't you? Or just cut it down to one cat photo a week and no posts dedicated to your cat?

If every lovely fashion blogger out there took this to heart, my blog reading experience would seriously improve 10-fold, or maybe even 100-fold. I would be such a happy camper. And I wouldn't complain like ever again. Because honestly, the rest of what you-all are doing is awesome and entertaining.

I know I could just not visit your blog, but that's not what I want. I want to see your crafts and DIYs and outfits and photos and all of that good stuff. I just don't want anything to do with your furry little friends.

Kapeesh?

So yeah, just ditch the cats and we'll be cool.

Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,

Cat-free blogger, Gypsy in Jasper.

P.S. Am I alone on this one? Is everyone else longing for more cat photos?

20 comments:

  1. I also cannot stand the constant cat talk. Enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never stop with the cats! haha! I love your blog redesign by the way, Amy did a great job.

    cats foreverrrrrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone with this! If the cat is doing something hilarious, then I'm down with it, but otherwise I'm not much of a cat person

    ReplyDelete
  4. The constant cat talk makes me laugh in a "oh they're just crazy ladies" kind of way :-) I don't expect a change, but your post is very reassuring. I was starting to wonder if I was the only blogger without a cat! (Or any desire at all to have one...)
    C Marcia (Sequins)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post made me laugh, but one cat photo a week!? Really? That is way too much to ask. I am so with Elycia on this one... cats forever!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I love cooing over other bloggers cats (or animal for that matter). From a business perspective, a majority of the demographic folks are looking to advertise to spend a lot of time on the Internet watching cat videos on YouTube so I suppose it would make business sense to post about cats. I will immediately not follow a blog with too many pictures of someone's kids cause kids are not my thing and it bores me greatly, so I guess I see where you're coming from!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! i felt the same way about cats until the cutest one ended up on my friend's doorstep years ago. i fell in love, took her home and officially became a crazy cat lady. my partner didn't like animals until he met me. now he's a crazy cat man.=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I just need a life changing cat experience to snap me out of my general distaste for felines. Wanna drop one off on my doorstep?

      Delete
  8. We are definitely on the same wavelength there. I've been trying to find more blogs to read, but it's to the point where I'm filtering out cat ladies because it's a bit annoying to have eeeeveryone in a feline frenzy. More dog blogs would be stellar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either more dogs or a no pet rule. I could go either way myself. :)

      Delete
  9. I should do the opposite and post about my dogs. I'm a blogger, and I'm a dog lady! And proud! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is hilarious. I think I'll write a similar (yet OPPOSITE) post. :)

    I came over today from Elycia's blog & can't wait to check it out some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suzanne, if you do write your pro-cat post, be sure to let me know. I definitely want to read that!

      Delete
  11. I totally agree with you here. So much so that I'm your newest follower. Is it terrible that my bloglovin' has a folder called "Skippable" and it's usually full of the cat ladies. And their nail polish is getting to be a bit much.
    Looking forward to reading more of your posts!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol, Im with elycia! CATS FOREVERRR! lol. We have doggie posts too though!
    Does that work!? :)
    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you throw in a few dog pics, I'll forgive you for the cat pics. But if you post only cats and you do it frequently, no forgiveness! ;)

      Delete
  13. Dude, you are so right! Thanks for writing this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I guess that means you don't wanna see my cat with her gnome toy that I just posted today, hehe. But I will hopefully redeem myself by mentioning that I hike big chunks of the Pacific Crest Trail every year and I would love to get up into Canada some day :)

    ReplyDelete