Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A thrifty outfit and a six-year-old shirt


It feels like forever since my last outfit post, so I'm excited that this one has a few special elements, including two fantastic thrift finds: the scarf and the cardigan. If you ask me, both are equally awesome. And that's not just because they were only $1 each. Well, to be honest, that is definitely part of their awesomeness.

What is it about getting a steal that feels so damn good? I seriously get such a great high when I walk out of a thrift shop with 10 items for $10 or even $20. It's just the best. The cardigan is seriously perfect for my wardrobe. I own at least a dozen cardigans in all different colours, but none in sea foam. (Is that what you'd call that!??) I adore it and think it will be perfect for the spring and summer. The scarf on the other hand will be brilliant all year around and is a fantastic addition to my already over-sized scarf collection. I know I've promised to show it to all of you and I will get to it one day. It's just a matter of tidying it up first. It's kind of out of control at the moment.


As far as the rest of the outfit goes, I've had the top since my second year of undergrad, which means it's been in my closet for about six years now. (Holy. I hadn't thought of that until just now!) It's just too cute to get rid of and I find that one summer I'll forget about it and then the next I'll find it and be excited all over again. The little flowers on it are just so dainty and sweet. See, I'm swooning over it all over again.

The jeans are my new beloved skinny jeans from Forever 21. I wrote an entire post about my love for them, so if you feel need to learn more about how dear they are to me, check that out.

Ian always makes me laugh and then catches it on camera. I used to hate my scrunchy nose, teethy laughing face, but he's taught me to own it. So here I am owning it!
Top to bottom:
Sunglasses: Ardenes
Earrings: Ardenes
Scarf: Thrifted
Cardigan: Thirfted
Shirt: American Eagle
Jeans: Forever 21

Do you have any clothes that have been in your closet for years and years that you still wear?

7 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! Love the cardigan and scarf. It is so great when you score stuff for so little at thrift stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this outfit! Anything relaxed, comfortable, but polished and put-together is a winner in my book. Love that you thrifted both the cardigan and scarf! They look great paired with the dark skinny jeans. Adorable!

    Callie
    www.coffeeandcardigans.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, own it! Your laughing face is unique and adorable. ;) I have a sweater that's going on 6 years and it's my absolute favorite comfy item. I'm surprised it hasn't come unraveled yet in one big, long, worn string of awesome yarn.


    Kayla ☆ http://www.kaylanaut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute outfit! And yeah, finding cool items at a great price is one of the top best things ever, for sure. I totally have tops like yours, too, where I forget about it for a while then re-find it with an epic passion. It's kind of why I have a fear of getting rid of clothes I don't wear anymore. I always end up missing them.
    C Marcia (Sequins)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only $1?! No way. They're adorable. That is a pretty awesome deal and I understand the feeling... I like getting more for my money. It's a good feeling.

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfectly sweet outfit!! I love your clothes, we have a similar style I think !! unfortunately I'm still working my way up to "confidence about posting outfits". Beautiful job. www.heartandthrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be silly! If I can do outfit posts, you can totally do outfit posts. I just started a couple of months ago and I'm still getting used to it. It's awkward as all hell, but at the same time it's fun. It's a good excuse to add an extra touch to your outfit.

      Also, thanks for the compliments. They're much appreciated!! Let me know when you're posting your outfits, I'll be right there to reciprocate. :)

      Delete