Friday, May 11, 2012

What time is it? It's whoo-thirty



I am so excited about my owl! So excited, in fact, that I've named him Winston. Perfect owl name, right?
Jasper is having some crazy weird weather, so I again found myself in the house for these photos. I must say, I much prefer being out in the wilderness to being trapped in my apartment during an outfit photoshoot. It seems I don't have any good backdrops in this place, which       is funny considering we have a ton of amazing art pieces on the walls.  
Instead of a white wall or something of the sort, I decided to go with the NWT license plate hanging on our patio door. The plate came from the Yellowknife dump. Ian and I were there scavenging last year, when he spotted the plate on an dilapidated old car. It was a bit of an adventure to get it off, but it was worth it. Polar bear plates are a hot commodity in Canada. When we first moved to Jasper, we had a few people joke about stealing ours right off the back of our car. It hasn't happened yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few people had tried and failed. (We have it screwed in good and tight!)

 
From head to toe:
Earrings: Etsy
Necklace: Etsy
Dress: Clothing Swap
Cardigan: Fairweather
Tights: Ardenes
Shoes: Ardenes

Aside from the wonky weather, there isn't much to complain about here in the mountains. Ian and I went out fishing on Tuesday night and I caught the first fish of the season. It was a tiny bull trout, but it was better than nothing. Plus, it made Ian a little jealous. He predicted I'd catch a fish before him and so, of course, I did, despite the fact that I've only been out twice this season and he's been out half a dozen times. Beginner's luck, I guess.

Here's to warmer weather and plenty more fish!

7 comments:

  1. I've always wanted a polar bear plate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!! They are the best. We refuse to get rid of the one on our car even though we live in Alberta now.

      Delete
  2. I simply adore your owl clock necklace so cute! And I really love your shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda. The owl was like $6 on Etsy! So worth it. And the shoes were two for $20. Hells ya for deals!!

      Delete
  3. Dude, I'm like, 90 per cent sure a character on Girls was wearing that owl. Not New Girl or 2 Broke Girls - Girls. YOU'RE SO HIP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever been HIP!! I'm feeling pretty awesome right now. Thanks dude!! (Also, thanks for clarifying on the show name. I totally wouldn't have known which one you were talking about.)

      Delete