Thursday, May 31, 2012

What to Wear: on a picnic


What up! Today I'm back with another segment of What to Wear, the series where Jill and I show you what to wear for different occasions. The best part about dressing for a picnic was I ACTUALLY went on a picnic. I adore eating outdoors. If I have a choice between a patio and a indoor restaurant, I always pick the patio. If I have the choice of eating on my own deck or in the living room, I'm definitely choosing the deck. And, of course, if I have a choice between eating my lunch/dinner at home or as a picnic in the wilderness somewhere, I'm always going to choose a picnic. It's a total no-brainer.


In case you're wondering, on our picnic, we had bagels with cream cheese, cucumbers and smoked salmon. "Hello delicious! Get in my mouth." Those may or may not have been the words running through my mind as I took my first bite. Oh man. That bagel was SO good.

But I digress. I'm here to talk about my outfit not my dinner.

So, this is an outfit I would wear for a picnic in the park or somewhere accessible. Obviously I wouldn't be wearing sandals and a dress if we were hiking to our picnic spot. In that case I'd likely be in a pair of jean shorts and a T-shirt.

Luckily in this case we just walked across the street to a bench that we love. I remember when we first moved to Jasper we actually sat on that exact same bench (before we knew we'd be living across the street from it) and just stared at the mountains. So beautiful!
(In the photo on the right, I'm demonstrating my chipmunk face. That's what I would look like if I was hoarding ALL the nuts.)




Oh yeah! My outfit! 

Obviously, this outfit is all about the dress. I bought it two years ago and still find myself wearing it every couple of weeks. It's just so darn comfy and the pattern is amazing. I remember when I bought it, my friends said something along the lines of, "Surprise, surprise. Nicole picked up another earth-toned dress." I can't help it. I'm a bit of a wannabe hippy. I did grow up on the West Coast after all.

Head to toe:
Sunglasses: Ardene
Necklace: Thrifted
Dress: Urban Outfitters (I think?)
Belt: Bombshell
Cardigan: Thrifted (last week!)
Purse: Handmade by me (See yesterday's post.)
Sandals: Shoe Warehouse

What would you wear for a picnic? Do you have the perfect checkered red and white picnic-blanket-dress? I'm dying for one of those!

4 comments:

  1. A sammich just isn't a sammich without bacon. - Ian Vaydik the 1st
    Or maybe that was manwhich...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i MUST take a cue from you and take my photos while having the occasion!

    great dress and really nice print on it. i love dresses that you can have for YEARS and still love just as much as the day you bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bagel really does look amazing! I wish it wasn't already way too hot in Texas for a picnic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cuuuuuute. That dress really suits you. Bagels & cream cheese are my favorite, too. I ate them all day the other week, haha. Too good to resist!

    ReplyDelete