Thursday, May 17, 2012

What to Wear: to a rock concert

It's been two weeks already, and you know what that means! It's time for another segment of What to Wear with me, the Jasper Gypsy, and Jill of Jilly BeansTALK.

I suggested this occasion for What to Wear and I have to admit I regretted it once it came to getting dressed and taking photos. My style doesn't really fit a rock concert, or what I assume people wear to rock concerts.

Actually, I think I would have come up with something much more fitting had I been putting this post together when I was 17. You see, at that time I was goth. Yup! You read that right. I was goth. Or maybe I was punk. Whatever the hell I was, my style included a dog collar made for an actual dog. I also had short spiky hair that was a different colour every month or two. I was a mess. Although, at the time I thought I looked pretty bad-ass.

So anyway, I channeled my younger-self for this outfit, while also trying to be my 25-year-old self. So, without further ado, here's what I would wear to a rock concert now that I'm a little bit older and a little bit wiser.


Ian decided, since I was reliving my bad-ass past, that I should look like a bad-ass. So he told me to quit it with the usual fashion blogger poses and instead, he had me throwing kicks in the living room. But that wasn't quite enough, since I was still smiling, so he told me to look tough. Well, after seeing my "tough" face, I'm not sure I'd scare anyone away with my kicks. I kind of look like an incredibly clumsy drunk sailor. I guess I'll have to work on the whole being tough thing.


From head to toe:
Earrings: Claires (like seven years ago!) 
Scarf: Ardenes 
Shirt: Bluenotes 
Shorts: Warehouse One 
Tights: Value Village Halloween collection
Shoes: Ardenes


These lightening bolt earrings were a staple in my wardrobe when I was 18. I thought they went with EVERYTHING. I called/call them my 80s rocker earrings. These days, I only pull them out when I'm going to a show, but I still love them. They're like a little piece of my bad-ass, younger self.

Do you have a certain accessory or piece of clothing that you always wear to a concert?

Be sure to check out what Jill put together. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm dying to. And don't forget to come back on May 31 to see What to Wear for a weekend picnic!

Also, if you're new around these here parts, you can see my previous What to Wear outfits by clicking the Outfits tab at the top. Thanks for popping by!

2 comments:

  1. you were goth?!!! no way! i need to see pictures of this for me to believe it, haha.

    cute outfit... love the boots and the pop of color with the tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those tights! I'm such a huge fan of colored tights. My hair also used to change color ever couple of months as well. There is still a running joke with the families I used to nanny for of what color my hair would be on any given day, haha. As for my article of clothing that I always wore to concerts my good old chucks, seriously still my favorite pair of shoes :)

    ReplyDelete