Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Committing to thankfulness
Last week I joined in on the thankful party started by the always lovely Felicity, and this week I've decided to commit myself to this weekly bandwagon of thankfulness. I've buttoned-up and everything. This is the real deal, my friends. You can expect many more Thankful Tuesdays in my future. So let's get our thank on, shall we?
This week I'm thankful for:
1. Monday's break from the rain. Seeing the birds and the sun and the flowers without raindrops on their pedals was exactly what I needed after 12 straight days of rain. Holy man was it nice to leave my raincoat and car behind yesterday. I was so happy to pedal my way to work and to just wear a light sweater. Looking at the forecast, that was our only break from downpours for another week, so I'm glad I took the time to savour it.
2. Nineties girl bands/solo artists. I just listened to Meredith Brooks' I'm a Bitch and then Merril Bainbridge's Mouth. So, so good. Next I'm onto Garbage and maybe a little Hole and then for the finale I'll be playing some Ani DiFranco and Erykah Badu. Time for a girly singalong!! Love it.
3. My crochet needle. My blanket is coming along so, so well. I'm dying for it to be finished. It's probably a quarter of the way there at this point. I think I'm actually going to run out of wool before it's finished, so I might be making a run to the next city to get more. Fingers crossed they're not sold out. I bought every last ball when I was there last.
4. The blog community. I've been feeling mad love the last week. I had Elycia feature my blog on Sunday and now I have a bunch of new followers and commenters who have been absolutely lovely. So thanks to all of you for giving me something to be thankful for! I'm so happy to have you around.
5. Single-serving friends. (I totally stole that from Fight Club.) On Friday night, Ian and I met a guy who's biking across Canada. He had arrived in Jasper that night and had nowhere to stay, so, of course, we took him in for the night, and he turned out to be a really fun addition to our weekend.
6. Craft parties. I had my girlfriend over on Sunday afternoon to do some arts and crafts. It was her first time getting crafty in, according to her, "decades" (she's in her early 20s, so you figure that one out!). It was a great way to spend a rainy Sunday. I was so thrilled to give her a little direction and then see what she came up with. I look forward to many more crafting adventures with her in the near future.
7. Safe travels. My sister and brother-in-law were in Europe for a couple of weeks and just arrived safely back in Canada. When my family and close friends travel, I find they're constantly on my mind until I know they've made it home in one piece. So, of course, I was thrilled to receive a call from my big sis late last week saying she was back on solid ground.
Well my friends, that's all from me this week. But, tell me, what are you thankful for?