Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Skirts, skirts, skirts

Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. Oh my gosh. (And yes, this deserves three 'oh my goshes'.)

So I was reading my friend Trisha's blog the other day and she did a feature on the most amazing artisan on the planet. She makes these brilliant, and I mean BRILLIANT, skirts. So of course, after searching her shop, I purchased three. Oops, sorry bank account.

Here are my selections:


As you can probably tell from the arrows, I selected the green skirt in the first picture, the straight skirt in the second and the green skirt in the third.

The reasons behind my selections are as follows: The first green skirt has a snail on it, enough said. The Dutch skirt is, well, a Dutch skirt and it has everything stereotypically Dutch on it, which makes it the most amazing thing in the world. (Did I mention my parents are Dutch immigrants?) And finally, the green mushroom skirt is a) green, my favourite colour, and b) has mushrooms on it that remind me of Super Mario.

Now, I have to admit that at one point while shopping for these, I had six skirts in my cart. Eeeeep. I have to say, it took a lot of willpower to cut it down to three.

These are the three I also want in my closet (and will likely end up there in the not so distant future).


Have you found any amazing new clothes lately?

6 comments:

  1. HA! I just read your comment on my blog, and now I understand! Those are all so unique and beautiful! I hope you get them soon...those "Mail Gods" are tough to please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mushroom one is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! So glad you did! Love your little blog! Love that header, too! :) I want to steal it! ;) I haven't been buying any new clothes because I am on a "second-hand" only kick, BUT I did just order a new nathing suit (cheating). :) Had to happen. Damn you ModCLoth. Also, I don't *think* hand-made counts, so I am checking out that shop right now! :) It's so nice to spoil yourself sometimes. Your bank account will get over it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh those are so, so pretty! I love the Dutch one!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. good choices! i have wanted that apple one, the dutch one and any of the tree ones for ever. the tree ones are so awesome because each of them has a different little animal, too hard to pick!!

    i wish i had your bank account so i could buy 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are just too fantastic! Eee! How cool!

    ReplyDelete