Yesterday was a toughy, but sometimes you just need to leave the crap behind and remember the good things. I probably wouldn't be writing that sentence if I hadn't come across Felicity's Thankful Tuesdays post a few minutes ago, but seeing her list of really simple things reminded me that although everything isn't perfect in my life, I still have a lot to be thankful for.
Here are a just a few of the things I'm feeling thankful for this week:
1. Fresh Rice Krispie squares topped with chocolate and peanut butter. If those don't make you feel better, what will?
2. My garden. Things are finally starting to sprout up and I am freaking out with excitement. (Once the growth is large enough to photograph, I'll be all over it for a garden update.)
3. Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen. I swear, hearing him tell people off makes me so happy. The way he does it is just so brilliant. Ian and I quote him in the house all the time and then end up doubled over with laughter.
4. The mountains. Although I've been in Jasper for about eight months now, I still look up at them in awe. I definitely need to climb one this summer.
5. My craft station and all of my supplies. With the craft fair coming up this weekend, it's been awesome having everything I need to get my work done. I also adore the fact that I have somewhere to store it all and I don't have to shove it into a closet somewhere.
6. The Hunger Games series. I know I am WAY behind on this one, but I finished the first book on Saturday and then immediately dove into the second one. I'm already more than halfway through it. Holy man are they good. I can't believe I resisted them this long.
7. Coffee. I cut caffeine out of my life for a month and in the last couple of weeks I've welcomed it back with open arms. It's so good to be reunited, even if I've cutback on my daily intake, some is better than none.
8. Trisha from Veranellies. I found Trisha's blog because of a comment she left about hiding old esthetician heads in the walls of her home in the hopes that if someone renovates in the future, they'll have a startling surprise. I immediately emailed her after that, thinking, 'I need to know this girl.' Ever since, we've been messaging back and forth and I've been really enjoying our new-found friendship.
What are you thankful for?
P.S. Don't you adore the "Look on the bright side" image at the top? I found it on Holly & Company, another new-found blog. Be sure to check it out. Holly posts awesome photos of her scrapbook adventures. They're definitely worth a gander.