Monday, June 25, 2012

Unveiling the double monocle


That's right folks, my long-awaited glasses have arrived. I wore them all weekend and, I'm happy to report, they're not that annoying and they actually improve my eye sight. Shocker, I know. Because that's totally not what they're made for or anything. Oh! And they're obviously the cutest thing since that ground squirrel I posted about on Saturday!

Now, you might be wondering, what the hell I'm doing in these photos and why they're the ones I chose for the unveiling of my new specs. Well, as you might recall, I was in Banff over the weekend to see Dan Mangan and Sam Roberts (I'll tell you more about that adventure tomorrow. And, let me tell you, it was an adventure with a capital A.). Well, as part of the show, there was a little booth where you could dress up as a mountaineer. So, of course, I did! I mean, who can resist a helmet, some heavy rope and a Canadian flag when they're just sitting there in a tickle trunk waiting to be photographed. I sure can't.


So there you have it folks, I'm officially a member of the very exclusive four-eyes club and I'm also a all-star mountaineer. Pretty amazing, right?

Stay tuned for more photos and stories from my weekend in the next couple of days. (On Wednesday you will see the most magical of all magical photos, so be sure to pop in for that. Oh! And tomorrow's post will be good, too, so don't count that one out on account of Wednesday's. Basically, what I'm trying to say here is, come back on a daily basis, won't you?)

How was your weekend? Did you get a double monocle or become a mountaineer, or was that just me?

6 comments:

  1. oh my goodness. That's hilarious because I A) was a mountaineer this weekend... well, I went on a hike anyways. and B) I had a dream that I got glasses!! haha! So no, you are not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehheeehe, the background totally tricked me! Thought you we're actually hiking! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glasses! They totally suit you, they were made for you and you for them!

    These photos are so fun! I know I can't resist a Tickle Trunk! I can't wait to see this magical photo and hear more about the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i actually thought you were on top of a mountain here! haha.. i was like, well those are some patriotic pics!

    lovely glasses, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. best unveil of glasses ever. they look mighty fine on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha fun picture, I didn't become a mountaineer over the weekend..

    ReplyDelete