Thursday, June 14, 2012

What to Wear: to an outdoor wedding


Heyyyyy! It's What to Wear time and today we're dressing for an outdoor wedding. Jill picked this one, and I gotta be honest with you, it was tough. First of all, I don't go to many weddings and, second of all, I'm not a super dressy person. So, as you'll see, I picked an outfit that would go well with a laid back, backyard-style wedding, not a shindig at a fancy-smancy five star resort.

This was actually the dress I bought for my last graduation, which means it's been in my closet for two years now. But two years or two days, I still love it like the day I brought it home from the mall. The pattern's perfect. It is so totally me! And I adore the fit. As for the tights, it was too cold in Jasper to go bare-legged, so I decided to spice things up with my FAVOURITE tights of all time. Are they not the best?



OK, ladies. Now for some advice. There is one key accessory you MUST have for an outdoor wedding: sunglasses. You'll hate your life without them, so make sure they're on your head or in your purse before you run out the door. The other thing you'll want, which I haven't photographed, is a cardigan or wrap. Mother nature can be pretty unpredictable, so you want to be prepared for anything.

Head to toe:
Earrings: Craft fair
Sunglasses: Ardene
Necklace: Saan (YEARS ago)
Dress: Suzy Shier
Tights: Modcloth
Shoes: American Eagle


Well there you have it, what to wear to an outdoor wedding. Be sure to check out what Jill selected. I'm dying to know if she went all fancy-shmancy or if she went the casual route like me.

Are there any ladies out there who want to join in on the what to wear fun? Jill and I do these posts every second Thursday and we're happy to extend the invitation to anyone and everyone to join us on our style adventure. Next time we'll be dressing for a barbecue. Leave a comment or send me an email if you're interested.

(P.S. If you've been wanting to do outfit posts, but you're too shy, this is the perfect opportunity. You only have to pick two outfits a month, so you can ease yourself into the awkwardness of being in front of the camera, and the occasion is organized ahead of time, so you have time to plan an outfit. You can do it!)

To see my previous what to wear outfits, click here, here, here, here, here and here. And to see all of my outfit posts, click the tab at the top.

So tell me, what would you wear to an outdoor wedding? Am I way off the mark?

5 comments:

  1. the best dresses are the dresses you can keep in your closet for years and still love. nice pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this outfit! The dress is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having one of those casual backyard weddings and I think you'd fit in perfectly! I love the blue tights. :)

    I'm intrigued by the idea of an outfit series but I also hate having my picture taken... hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wedding dress. Wait... would that be weird?

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute dress! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete