So I bet you're all wondering how my delicious Northern adventure went. Amiright? Are you wondering? Or am I just being self-centred, assuming you care? No. That can't be true. Of course you care. Why else would you pop in?
OK. Here it goes...
|The sky just before midnight on Saturday! That's right, it's light out at midnight. Pretty great, right?|
So here's a quick and dirty rundown of what went down North of 60.
- I went for a walk and enjoyed some girl talk with two of my best girls.
- Ate an amazing dinner prepared by Ian's mom.
- Witnessed my pals from Jasper surprising their sister/sister-in-law for her birthday. (She lives in Yellowknife!) She cried, and it was great... especially since she was on stage in the middle of a gig when the fam walked in.
- Danced at my FAVOURITE bar, the Gold Range.
- Ate an 81 from the Noodle House. (The best Vietnamese restaurant around.)
- Drank mojitos on a patio with my girl Nicole.
- Saw a ton of amazing Canadian bands at Folk on the Rocks. (I'll tell you more about that on Friday!)
- Attended a wicked-awesome after party with all of the bands.
- Went for a swim in Long Lake with my new pink flippy-floppy flippers.
- Ate an enormous brunch with a couple of pals.
- Got a bit of a sunburn.
- Participated in the renaming of Ian's parents' new boat. It included champagne at 10 a.m. and then waffles. Not a bad way to start your day!
- Shared a plane with Ron Sexsmith.
|My flippy-floppies, courtesy of Ian/the back of his buddy's car. Thanks to both of them for improving my swimming experience by one million. I can't wait to put these bad-boys to good use this summer.|
So, as you can see, it was a wicked trip. I have to admit, though, I'm happy to be home. It felt good to walk into our apartment yesterday afternoon. I guess that just means I'm living in the right place, even if I do miss Yellowknife from time to time.
Well guys, that's all for today. I'll recap the festival on Friday, so you can see how close I was to the amazing Canadian artists who made the journey to the land of the midnight sun. As for tomorrow, it's time for another What to Wear, and it'll be an exciting one, as we have a few new contributors!! In total, I think there will be five of us showing you what to wear in the garden. Be sure to pop by to check out my outfit and to find the links to the other lovely ladies' blogs.
I hope everyone had a great week! What have you-all been up to in my absence?