Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays


Oh boy, do I ever have a lot to be thankful for this week! One big one that I'm not even going to include in my list of five -- because it's too exciting to be in a list -- is that Gentri Lee chose me as her blogger of the week yesterday. If you don't know Gentri, you most definitely need to check her out. She has just got to be the sweetest little lady in the world. And because of that, I'd like to dedicate this week's Thankful Tuesday to her!

And without further ado, this week I'm thankful for:

1. The sun. I am just loving the summer weather Mother Nature is dolling out right now. Temperatures have been in the high 20s and low 30s (Celsius) for the past few days and I'm just drinking it all in.

Ian and his buddy Adem at Lake Edith on Saturday.


2. The lake. The sun and the lake could easily go hand in hand. As soon as it gets hot, all I want to do is get my bathing suit, my sunblock and my beach bag and run out the door. So that's exactly what we did on Saturday and Sunday.

3. Our Coleman grill. That little guy (along with a lot of help from Ian) has provided me with many tasty treats the last few months, and now that it's hot out, I'm sure he'll be with us for many more culinary adventures.

4. Summer goals. I just set them, and already I've knocked one off the list. I won't tell you which one, though. You'll just have to wait and see.

5. Waldo. That's what we named our Rav4, so we can say, "Where's Waldo?" when we can't remember where we parked. We're clever. I know! But anyway, I'm thankful for Waldo because he has allowed us to go on two road trips already this year and he also transports us to the lake.

What are you thankful for this week?

Thankful Tuesdays was started as link-up by Felicity, so be sure to hop over to her blog to check out what's on her list this week.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful view you have at that lake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name you gave your car! Though it would have to be Wally if it was over here. Waldo always sounds so alien to me.

    I am thankful for the end of term approaching, which means I have no planning, no marking and lots of fun activities lined up before we break up next week.

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! Waldo! How perfect. Love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHHH! That is absolutely amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! I love #5!! Too funny. :)

    I am so happy to have you as BOW this week. :) People love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for being Gentri Lee's blogger of the week! :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg... i am SO envious right now seeing you all have a lake with that AMAZING skyline! WOW.

    now THAT is my idea of paradise..!

    dorothy
    http://theymaysaythatimadreamer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!! I found from Gentir Lees blog. I am a fellow Canadian can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm still GREEN WITH ENVY looking at that photo. gosh, what i would give to have that luxury of taking a dip to THAT landscape :)

    ReplyDelete