Thursday, July 26, 2012

What to Wear: in the garden

Photobucket
So I took the grubby, getting down and dirty approach to garden wear, instead of going all prissy with a garden party-style outfit. Fingers crossed the rest of the ladies did too. Otherwise, I'm going to look like a big ol' mess compared to them. But heck, don't I usually anyway!?

Photobucket

Since we just arrived home from our Yellowknife getaway, our garden is a bit of a disaster. So, I made a deal with Ian that if he took these photos, I would spend the evening weeding and cleaning things up. Somehow, I think he got the better end of the deal. I seriously lasted 15 minutes and 15 bug bites before I called 'er quits.

Photobucket
So, garden wear. Basically my approach is to pick out my comfiest jeans/jean shorts and my comfiest top. As you an see, there's no glamour when you're out in my garden. It's all about the knee pads and the suspenders.

From top to bottom:
Shirt: Erasmus Apparel from Yellowknife
Suspenders: Ian's grandfathers
Shorts: Warehouse One Jean Store
Knee pads: Ian's
Shoes: Champion

Photobucket
Don't forget to check out what the other What to Wear ladies put together. There are five of us posting today, so there should be a good variety of outfits.

Sondra at Abhaya
Adriana at Horses of Ares

If you're interested in joining in the What to Wear fun, throw me an email. We do these posts every second Thursday, with the next one falling on Aug. 9. On that day, we'll all be dressing for What to Wear to the beach.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my word I love this outfit! You are a far more fashionable gardener than I. My outfit usually includes some pajama shorts and some overly large shirt haha! And I must say I love those suspenders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I just knew you were going for the work wear, good call! I don't even have knee pads but then again, I don't work in the garden so hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! Love the suspenders. If I can figure out how to fix mine maybe they'll end up in a fashion post one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is just simply AMAZING!! LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the kneepads! Back when I actually had grass and a place to plants things in the ground, I always wished I had some knee help. And nice touch with the suspenders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you and your outfit :-) I made my outfit as garden-grungy as possible.

    Also, your suspenders? Love. More than the entire outfit together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elaborate. You even have the knee pads!...Classic. Great blog.

    Peace!....with 2 fingers;))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the suspenders!!! :D

    ReplyDelete