So I'm jumping on the "what's in my bag" bandwagon. But, first, I want one thing to be clear. My purse is rarely as clutter-free as it is in the photos I'm showing you. In fact, doing this post was my way of forcing myself to throw out all of the random paper and gum wrappers lying at the bottom of my purse. So, in the name of full disclosure and transparency, I have taken a photo of what was thrown out after I emptied my purse and before I took my official "what's in my bag" photos.
Basically what you see there are some bills, Google Maps directions to Kelowna, a few to-do lists, a Subway receipt or two and some gum wrappers.
Phew! Now that that's off my chest, let me continue.
I'm not even going to talk about my amazing new thrifted turquoise bag because, well, I'm pretty sure at this point I've talked about it enough to make everyone roll their eyes. But out of fairness to the bag, it's so totally amazing. Moving on... here's what it's filled with.
Starting from the top left:
1. Reactine. Because my allergies are kicking my butt this season. (Check out Katie's post about fighting back. She has some helpful tips on how to beat your allergies this season.)
2. My ugly fake snake skin glasses case. (It was free with my glasses and will either be recovered or replaced, sooner rather than later.)
3. Felt mushroom wallet that I love, love, love!
4. Large and small Post-It Notes with various to-do lists on them. Because I couldn't live without a list telling me what to do.
5. Body Shop Hand and Nail Cream and Hemp Hand Protector.
6. Gum. Because I eat a lot of garlic and talk to a lot of people.
7. Coco's Cafe take-out menu and free coffee cards. Coco's is my favourite coffee shop in town and I JUST discovered they deliver. My life officially changed that day.
9. Compact mirror with no make up in it.
10. Kleenex. You know, because of the allergies.
11. Pens. Because I'm a reporter. Duh!
13. A postcard from Edinburgh. (Thanks Troy!)
If I were working, there would also be a water bottle, a notebook and a digital recorder in there, and I'd be carrying my camera bag.
So there you have it, my purse and all of the junk I carry around on my shoulder all day, every day.