Sunday, August 12, 2012

A walk through the woods

Photobucket
Ian and I went for a walk through the woods behind our apartment Thursday night and discovered that since our last wander through the area, a whole whack of mushrooms and moss had grown. So the following day, we went back with our cameras to capture the beautiful undergrowth.

Photobucket
These are just a few of the shots I took on our photo adventure. Ian's, which he'll post on his website once they've been processed, are way more impressive. He was climbing and squatting and crunching into all kinds of weird positions to get the perfect shots. I, on the other hand, stuck to the trail where there were less mosquitoes. (I still managed to walk out of there with 15 new bug bites. Itchy, itchy, itchy!!)

Photobucket
Since I met Ian, I've really learned to appreciate the photo opportunities on the ground. He's always looking down for some tiny piece of beauty just calling out to be captured. Before we met, I used to only look up, expecting all of the world's beauty to come from the sky, the trees and the mountains.

Photobucket
I think these photos and the many others I've taken over the past two years have proven my old self wrong. If you look down at more than your feet, you'll discover there is a whole world of photo possibilities on the ground. From the grass to the moss and the mushrooms and the fungus, the opportunities are endless.

Photobucket
What's your favourite thing to take photos of? Do you ever take the time to look down?

7 comments:

  1. how beautiful. there is something so pretty about undergrowth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow such a beautiful area and lovely photos! I absolutely love wandering though nature and discovering what has started to pop up since last time I walked through there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 15 bug bites?! You poor thing! I've always loved photos of forest floors and little, hidden things as my mum gave me an appreciation for them growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I just adore nature! Our house is filled with so much wildlife, I love taking photos of all the plants, trees, flowers, and birds, etc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. first of all: "Poop-cakes!!"
    (Good gosh I hope you read my response to your last comment, or this all just got weird!)

    secondly: YES!! Love taking close (Macro) shot of fantastic fungi... moss is amazing too when you think how long it takes to develop!

    Keep soaking it up (er, down) fellow nature-lova.

    xo
    Mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete