Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays: daily highlights

Photobucket There are certain moments that occur on a day-to-day basis that I truly love, but as often as I love them, I find myself taking them for granted. So, in an effort to give those daily events the appreciation they deserve, I thought I'd document them here.

So, here for you, are my favourite moments of the day:

Showering.

Pressing publish on Blogger.

Gazing at the mountains on my way to work.

My first cup of coffee... followed by my second and often my third.

The first comment on my latest ramblings.

Lunch time with Ian.

Submitting a great story or photo to my editor.

Quitting time.

Checking in on my favourite blogging pals.

Cooking dinner with Ian - which usually means cutting a few vegetables and watching him do the work.

Sneaking dessert from Ian's candy stash.

Crawling into my cozy bed.

Everything on that list is fairly minor, but they are all things that make me happy. And, once you throw in the daily variations, like a hike or gardening or movie nights, it makes for a pretty sweet life.

What are your favourite moments of the day?

9 comments:

  1. My favourite moment of the day is hearing the key in the lock as Rich gets home from work or, during term time when I'm at work, when I skip back into the school building after all the kids have gone home! It's so peaceful at that time!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these!! Pressing publish is the most accomplishing feeling.. and crawling in the bed at the end of a long day is just the best. Wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite moment of the day is unlocking my front door after a long work day, and being greeted by Jordan and our two cats at the top of the stairs.

    Oh, and dinner & NYPD Blue hour, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waking up and both Rion and I have the day off, which obviously means some serious cuddle time. Plus, you know, all of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i was hoping to be the first to comment so i'd be your favorite! haha i think i am going to steal your idea and post my favorites for tomorrow - ive been so extremely busy and just kinda "off" lately that my normal posts never got written for this week so this will be a nice change and something a little different.. thanks lady for the idea and inspiration to look at the little things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! Just stumbled across your blog from Suzzie's blog and I'm so glad I did :) I love your post about going au-naturale on the makeup. You're so brave! I could never say goodbye to my foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The answer is nothing. Nothing is better than that."..... haha you are SO right.

    My favourite moment of TODAY is going to be the second I get home and eat the rice crispy square that I had totally planned to bring with me to work but then forgot! I'm longing for it! I can't wait to get my hands on it, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great post. very inspiring.

    xthesimplethingsx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete