Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays: my backyard edition




Living in a national park, I have the pleasure of calling a huge piece of pristine, untouched land my backyard. All I have to do is roll out of bed, pull on some clothes, grab a water bottle and head out the door and within minutes I'm on one of Jasper's many hiking trails being led to somewhere or something beautiful.

After awhile, it could become easy to take this for granted, just assuming that everyone has the luxury of walking into the wilderness whenever they please. But then I remember that I too lived in a city once. A city where the closest I felt to nature was when I walked down a residential street flanked by trees.


So, this week and every week that I can remember to put things into perspective, I'm thankful to call Jasper National Park my backyard. And I'm also thankful to have a healthy body that allows me to explore it.

Here's to many more hikes before the snow hits, and many more days skiing down the mountain once it does.

What are you thankful for this week?

Are you thankful for the fact that my friends Christa and Abner met five and a half years ago and are finally getting married today!? I am! (And I'm also thankful that our crafty hands made gorgeous reception decorations! Yayyyyy for crafty hands, weddings, good friends and LOVE!)

4 comments:

  1. ( gasp ) such a beautiful photo. you are so blessed to have these gorgeous green so near to you!

    danica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again some beautiful photographs. How I would love to spot deer in the open...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also so thankful for the outdoors right now. I've been exploring the beautiful state of washington this past couple of months and I'm so glad I am since I realize I'm probably going to be leaving it all behind very soon. Yay nature!

    ReplyDelete