Thursday, August 23, 2012

What to Wear: to a bonfire


Photobucket
What up, friends? It's What to Wear time again. I wish I could say I lived the occasion I dressed for, but sadly, time got the better of me and our first house guest (of three) has arrived for the weekend, so it's tortierre and beer time. (I'm writing this Wednesday night, not this morning. I swear, I don't eat fatty meat pies and drink beer at 8 a.m. Although, I wouldn't put it past me on a Saturday morning a little closer to 11 a.m. Actually, that sounds pretty damn good.)

Photobucket
Although I didn't light a bonfire with my mad fire-making skills, this is definitely an outfit I would wear to do just that. It's warm and cozy and it protects most of my body from the awful mosquitoes that have infested the park this summer.

Photobucket
I got my poncho on Monday from my pal Carlos, who just got back from a trip home to Mexico. He gave me this gorgeous orange gift on his birthday. What a guy, eh? So thoughtful. So amazing. And what a great shopper. He bought the perfect size and colour. I have to say, I was super-duper impressed and surprised!

Photobucket From head to toe: 
Poncho: Gift
Tank top: Thrifted
Jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: Army and Navy

Photobucket
Well, my bloggy pals, that's all from me today. Don't forget to check out all of the other lovely bonfire outfits being sported on blogs all over the interwebs.

Jill at Jilly BeansTALK
Sondra at Abhaya
Adriana at Horses of Ares
Lisa at Not Ladylike

What would you wear to a bonfire? Are you into ponchos? This one's my first and I L.O.V.E. it.

12 comments:

  1. I love ponchos! Yours is awesome and very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poncho rocks! I've gone in and out of having them. I used to have an enormous black one with a built in scarf, the kind you buy from festivals, and I loved it. Welcome to the poncho club :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm verrrry into ponchos, I wear mine frequently. I love yours! What an awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that top! I have a sweater in similar print and I can't wait to break it out of the 'winter clothes' bin.
    I agree with you on the Saturday beer thing (except wine is my pleasure) I'm never sure if I'll be judged for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhh yes, the blessed poncho - the perfect way to disguise just how many S'MORES one has consumed at said campfire! ;o) I loved wearing my army green knit one while pregnant last winter.. a great warm layer that grows/glows with me!
    Love that orange!
    Mel ;o)
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my lord, I can not wait to go to a bonfire! You look amazing! Love love this! So glad I found your blog!
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  7. super cute outfit, and someone giving you a gift on THEIR birthday?! sheer craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a homemade poncho when I was a wee lass...and my Cabbage Patch Kid had a matching one. That was a sweet look. Now I am jealous of all the poncho-owning comments here. Must find me a poncho. Or someone who can crochet me one up, pronto!

    I hate mosquitoes, and they seem to be oh so plentiful this summer. Even though they never bite me - not that I'm bragging or anything - they are super annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great poncho! good bonfire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ponchos!!! Omg, I miss seeing them. They used to be real popular down here a few years back. I got myself a light pink one but I don't know what happened to it... Goodwill might have it, lol. Great outfit, hun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so so cute!! I'm loving the poncho! Xo
    megthecoolgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a great poncho! I love the colours and the hearts. I don't think it's comfortable though haha, well it is, untill I want to move my arms haha. But it is a great outfit!

    ReplyDelete