Yikes, 26. How did you creep up on me like this? You're one stealthy year. Since there's no stopping time, I guess all I can do is make the best of my last 25 days as a spry 25-year-old... while of course also making all of my 26+ friends feel like they're ancient. Sorry about that, ladies!
Anyway, on to happier, younger thoughts. Here are the 25 things I want to accomplish in the next 25 days. (I know these are definitely things I can still do when I'm 26, but having a goal never hurt anybody, so stop raining on my parade and just go along with my fun little game, OK!?)
1. Buy a box of Smarties and eat the red ones last.
2. Have a solo dance party to Material Girl.
3. Watch Heathers and Pump Up the Volume just to fawn over. young Christian Slader.
4. Have a board game night.
5. Paint lawn gnomes.
6. Write a journal entry each day, even if it's just a list of random thoughts.
7. Go on more mushroom hunting adventures before they're all gone.
8. Visit the hot springs before they close.
9. Take my dad up the Tramway.
10. Send my mom a gift.
11. Skype with my brother and my nephews.
12. Make my sister a friendship bracelet.
13. Eat an ice cream cone before it gets too cold to enjoy one.
14. Photograph the fall colours.
15. Go for a drive with no destination in mind.
16. Roast smokies over a bonfire.
17. Go for a picnic.
18. Hit the last farmers' market of the season.
19. Make pineapple zucchini bread.
20. Get a haircut.
21. Go mini golfing.
22. Dance to the music of a live band.
23. Make a list of DIY projects to do this winter.
24. Do something spontaneous.
25. Have a movie night on the couch with popcorn, candy, cozy PJs, and lots of blankies.
26. Have the best birthday EVER!
Do you ever think about what you want to accomplish by a certain age? Or do you set silly little goals for yourself, like eating Smarties?