Sunday, September 23, 2012

Garden goodness

Photobucket Although our garden is totally overrun with weeds (whoops!), to my surprise, there are still some carrots growing. And, there are plenty more where these came from, so I'm looking forward to eating fresh ones straight out of the ground for a few more weeks to come. They are so delicious by themselves or with a tiny bit of ranch dressing. Delish! I was thinking about making a carrot cake, but I feel like that would be a waste. I think fresh from the garden carrots are to be enjoyed whole and raw. Maybe I'll hit the grocery store for some mediocre carrots to use in a cake instead.

Photobucket So, anyway, on this lovely Sunday, here's to being a horrible gardener who still gets scrumptious food out of the deal. Yay for being rewarded for laziness.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. My dad is in Jasper for a visit, so I've been showing him the town and doing all kinds of touristy things for the past few days. It's been awesome having him here and playing tour guide. I'll tell you more about our adventures later this week. Until then, be sure to eat your vegetables!

12 comments:

  1. Those carrots look awesome! Great job! I remember how excited I was when I pulled my first red radishes! I wish I had more of a green thumb (see also: more space than just our tiny back patio) so maybe one day I'll be able to grow more than just radishes. I'm lookin' at you, tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness those carrots look so good! Raw carrots are wonderful! I sadly have no idea how my carrots are doing, I hope when we go back up to the mountain the week after next they will still be doing ok, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Carrot cake is one of my favorite kinds of cake! Besides chocolate, of course ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh veggies out of the garden are always 100 times better than anything bought in a store. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i used to hate carrots growing up, but i'm thinking it was probably because my mom didn't know how to cook them! our farmer's market's carrots have been so yummy this year..i can't wait til next year for our gardens to be all complete and making food babies all over our front yard!

    check out the blog on wednesday- you will NOT believe what the mister did to the front yard today, it's insanity!!


    xoxo
    t
    http://veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look scrumptious! I wish we could have a garden!

    Meg
    guppyandwhaleshark.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first picture is so adorable! Love it!
    http://aslouisepleases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum! sometimes life decides to cut us a break :)

    xo bhrett

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's amazing! You should be proud! Wish I could eat some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those carrots look awesome! Highly superior to my sad (dead) tomato plants. Thankfully my grandpa is a gardening whiz, and I will be eating giant tomatoes and cucumbers well into the fall.

    I think his "secret" is Miracle Grow....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look so cool :-) I hope they're super tasty! Well done on growing them--I know everything I touch just withers and dies.

    ReplyDelete