Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Thankful Tuesday: rafting edition


Guys! The Kootenay River is gorgeous; rafting is awesome; cooking over a campfire is the best; having friends who play guitar and sing is absolutely amazing; camping on uninhabited islands is glorious; and chilling in the wilderness with a solid group of people is PRICELESS.

As you can probably tell, I'm back from my rafting adventure down the Kootenay River. I am so thankful that I was asked to join in this little three-day adventure. Although spontaneity isn't my thing and the last minute packing and planning had me fairly stressed out on Friday night, it was all worth it to be out on the water.

I'll tell you more about my little adventure tomorrow and, I promise, I'll show you a heck of a lot more pictures. But, for now, just know that I'm thankful for nature, good people, good food, warm clothes, cowboy coffee and Twisted Ice Tea!

What are you thankful for this week?

7 comments:

  1. lovely photo. can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome! i only went "rafting" once. up in Maine on the Kennebach. It was insane. The rafter guide was even afraid - he said the swells and rapids had never been so big on record (and it was already a crazy raft ride even on a "normal" day) It was extremely frightening, needless to say we got into a raft with two people that didn't know their left from their right and asked questions like "Are there sharp rocks in the water?" Holy man it was an adventure alright! haha

    I'm so jealous of your nice, tame rafting adventure!

    This week I am thankful for vacation (even though it's a stay at home one)

    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see more pictures! I must say I was super jealous when I saw that you got to go on a three day rafting trip, because honestly that is kind of the coolest thing ever! Hope you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't wait to see more!

    also, what is twisted iced tea? I must know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! That looks like so much fun! Pretty much everything you wrote in your first sentence sounds like "best times ever" kind of stuff.

    I'm looking forward to a proper re-cap...until then...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember how I was incredibly jealous when you went on le rafting trip and how I am even MORE jealous with that picture? Sheesh. Your life = so so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO.FREAKING.JEALOUS!!! I've been rafting basically since I was born. I can't wait to hear about your adventure!!

    ReplyDelete