Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays

Photobucket
Friends, this week is all about perspective, the people who so kindly provide it and bear with you while you find it. In other words, this week, I'm thankful for all of you. At the end of last week I was feeling down on my luck and straight-up poopy. I was thinking the world was out to get me. I was taking everything to heart, and I was ignoring all the good things in life. So, I spewed my guts to the Internet, like any rational human being would do.

And, then, something magical happened.

By writing the words and reading the words and hearing the words inside my head, I gained perspective. I realized that yeah, shit gets rough and times can be tough, but there is always something to be thankful for. There are always rainbows and sunbeams in waiting, all you have to do is recognize they're there and embrace them when they are.

Over the weekend, you, my blogger friends, were the rainbows and sunbeams in my life. Many of you wrote me a little comment to say it's OK to feel like butts. You wished me good luck in digging my way out of my Debbie Downer state. And, you assured me my plans to sit down and analyze my life were good ones. So, I wrote my lists. I thought about my life. I thought about what you said, and, this week, I'm feeling all the better for it. So, for that, I thank all of you.

What are you thankful for this week?

9 comments:

  1. I am grateful for the warm weather we are having here in Minnesota; it feels like fall. I am grateful for my blogger friends, too, and grateful that the internet has a way of connecting you with just the right people right when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's how I feel about this post!

    I am thankful for haircuts, sunshine sticking around, my aunt's existence, super-cool blog friends (ahem), Advil, blank pages that don't stay blank for long, snooze buttons, sick time, short work weeks, quesadillas, and chubby cats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, you sweet soul. That's a nice chunk of thankfulness right there. Me?
    I'm thankful for synchronized naps with my two kidlets = time to chill, coffee-infuse, and breathe deeply (and not into a paper bag!).
    I love house-sitting (a stay-cation for us cheapos). I'm thankful for the warm sun, and cool shade. For the willow tree dancing in the wind. For the grandfather clock ticking out "now.now.now"...be present.
    For family. friends. food. faith. yes, all brought to you today by the letter "F"... annnnnd for Fffffollowing lovelies like YOU.
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  4. i was in the same place as you last week - so i probably didn't help in the "cheer you up dept" but you know i'm always here if you need me and always willing to put other people first and be a good open ear..

    i just read another blog with a "grateful for.." post and the both of you are very inspiring. a lot of times, when i get super down and am trying to pull myself out of it - i try to see the positives in the negatives. so it's inspired me to write up a post later in the week with just that - "the positive in the negative"

    today..i am thankful for friends like you..totally awesome, gold star on their forehead friends. so when life gets you down remember i think you have a gold star smack between your eyes!

    love ya lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. George Takei's Facebook feed.

    Lunch breaks.

    New friends that already feel like old friends.

    Birthday wish lists.

    I got an emoticon gold star from BFF the other day. Made my week.

    I'm glad you got the happy-boost you were needing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, nicole! I'm so sorry! I didn't even know and kept bugging you with emails. :( Next time- just tell me to be quiet. haha!
    You are so loved and I'm so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i really appreciate that about blogging - it's proven to be an amazingly supportive community! this was my first post of yours i am reading, but i love how appreciate you are and agree fully with the sentiment in this

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  8. One more thing to add to the list. Well, technically two. But one begat the other, so, yeah...

    Wil Wheaton
    The Blogess

    If I am having a crap day, these two blogs always bring a smile to my face. And sometimes pee to my panties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg haha I die at "and sometimes pee to my panties"

      Delete