Thursday, September 20, 2012

What to Wear: on a bike ride

Photobucket Heyyyy ladies! It's what to wear time again. Yup. That's right. The time when I, and nine other lovely bloggers, tell you what we would wear for a specific occasion. This week, it's for a bike ride. I know a lot of my gorgeous lady friends will be posting photos of themselves in dresses, making biking look super chic, but that's just not how I roll. The idea of being in a dress while biking reminds me of the time I came home from church, jumped on my bike and promptly ruined my Sunday best by getting it caught in my spokes. Whoopsies. I'm pretty sure there were tears involved. Side note: I was probably eight, so that makes it totally OK that I cried.

Moral of the story: I'm not a fancy dress while biking kind of girl. Instead, I go with what's comfortable and practical. In this case that means a cozy t-shirt, jeans and a scarf to jazz it up a bit.

Photobucket

For this photoshoot, Ian and I actually went for a bike ride down the street. When we arrived at this stump, Ian pulled over and told me to take a seat, which I did because I'm a very accommodating and appreciative model. What I learned: it doesn't always pay off to be accommodating and appreciative. See below for evidence.

Photobucket
Aside from the stump, which has left my jeans covered in sap, we also found an amazing steamroller. I've never seen one in a lime green before. So... I totally fell in love with this guy when I saw it. He's got to be the most beautiful piece of heavy equipment I've ever seen.

So, of course, I got on him and pretended to go for a test drive. I'm pretty sure he didn't mind.

Photobucket
Well, that's it for me today. Next time we'll be back with what to wear to a pumpkin patch. Be sure to check in Oct. 4 for that one. And, if you're interested in joining in on this little style adventure, throw me an email. We're always happy to have new bloggers come on board. Speaking of which, there are a few new ones on the list this week, so be sure to check them out along with all the oldies who have been around for awhile.

Amanda: Salvaged Strawberry
Lisa: lala faux bois

Happy biking everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Your outfit is super cute. I've also never been one to wear a dress on a bike but that's mostly because I'm a super klutz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it would be smart to wear a dress on a bike haha :p Or at least I wouldn't do it. And well, your pants may have been dirty, it got you some great shots :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah! I love that if you did a quick slide show through your shots it would look like you went for a quick bike ride, instead opted to fell a tree, then realized sitting on them isn't a good way to knock them over... you you maniacally used a steam roller instead!! (At least that's how it plays out in my mind.. lol).
    Super cute you are, LOVE that scarf... we could be twinsies!
    P.S~ does this mean no more thursday rants about things you don't get anymore.. I've been missing those... still plan to write my own someday..

    xx
    mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  4. your posts always crack me up so much! that pic of you on the steam roller is priceless. love your scarf...I see that great minds think alike on that one! :)

    xo
    sondra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe fun, I do like your outfit, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I to am not about the dresses and bikes combination! I think that's just disaster waiting to happen!! haha Although my jacket of choice for this bike ride might be a little dangerous too. I do envy those girls who can pull off the dress and bike combo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You might say your outfits are different from all the anticipated others, but your outfits are almost always my favorites :-) That scarf is gorgeous, and I vote you trade in your bike for that gorgeous green steamroller! Totes chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pics are always so fun! That steamroller totally suits you and it's the prettiest color I've ever seen on one too :) Thank you so much for letting me join in the fun and your sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you look super chic. And I am so happy you worked a picture of your bum into this. Thinking back to some of my previous comments, I am wondering if it appears I am a little obsessed with your tookus...cause I'm not or anything! Wink!

    Steamroller = awesome. That's the best photo prop evah!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're too cute. i love your scarf!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete