Tuesday, October 9, 2012

26 years young

Photobucket I hope all the Canadians out there had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend! And, I hope the rest of you had an awesome regular weekend, because mine was fantastic. It was full of too much fun, too much food, and too many laughs (if there's such a thing!). And it was also full of activities from my list of things to do before my 26th birthday (which is today).

So, in honour of said list and my birthday, I thought I'd show you photos of me doing some of the things I set out to do before today.

Photobucket No. 1 on my list was to buy a box of Smarties and to eat the red ones last. When my pal Cynthia saw my list, she said, "I'm doing that!" and then came over that very night for wine, 90s tunes, laughs and two boxes of Smarties. It was seriously an awesome night of singing and reminiscing and just being downright silly. (To be honest, I don't remember why she's frowning in this picture. I assume it's because Ian was being a goofy photographer, as he so often is. )

Photobucket No. 9 was to take my dad, who has vertigo and a slight fear of heights, up the Jasper Tramway to the top of Whistlers Mountain. It was awesome to get him up there and to just hang out enjoying the views together. I'm so glad that, despite his insistence that we didn't HAVE to go up there, we still went and he was able to concur his fear.

Photobucket No. 13 was to eat an ice cream cone before it was too cold to enjoy it. Well, I didn't beat the snow, but I got it done on Saturday right before I crossed No. 8 off my list: lounging in the Miette Hot Springs before they closed for the season. Now, let me tell you, that was a quality afternoon!

Photobucket No. 14 was to photograph the fall colours. That was something we did a good amount of while my dad was visiting. The trees had just started changing colours, so Jasper was looking particularly gorgeous.

Photobucket No. 21 on the ol' list was to go mini golfing. Months ago, Ian told me about this tiny little course made from real grass just outside of town, and ever since I've been dying to go. Well, it turned out to be super dinky and pretty silly, but it was a fun way to wrap up our day on Saturday.

In the interest of keeping this post relatively short, I'll stop with what I did accomplish and leave you with the few things I didn't manage to do within the 26-day timeframe.

1. Make a list of DIYs to do this winter. There's still time before winter, so I don't feel too badly about not completing a list.
2. Paint lawn gnomes. This is still going to happen. It must! The gnomes are primed and ready, I just need to get down and dirty with some paint.
3. Watch Heathers and Pump Up the Volume just to fawn over young Christian Slater. I didn't do this, but Ian did get True Romance (another Christian Slater movie) for us to watch, so that totally happened, which I guess could almost count, considering I did do a good deal of fawning.
4. Write a journal entry each day. Yeah... I didn't even write an entry on the first day, so... whoops.
5. Get a haircut. I still really need one, so that's going to have to happen sooner rather than later.

All things considered, I have no regrets. Having a fun list of things to do before today was a great way to make the best of my last few weeks as a spry 25-year-old, and now, I think it will be a little easier to ease into my place as an old lady.

Have an awesome day everyone.

19 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Hope its an amazing new year, filled with fun and adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday pretty lady! Your list was a ton more successful than mine (I've soo scrapped like 90% of it). I hope this new year brings you tons of awesome adventures! And cake. If you're into that kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I should make a list before my birthday in January. :) You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday :D! I actually watched Heathers over the weekend, but not to fawn over young Christian Slater. He gives me the creeps. When you get around to painting your lawn gnomes, pleaaase post pictures. I love gnomes! Hope your day is filled with super spectacular awesome birthday stuff!

    ♥ Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a lot of fun! Do you really already have snow?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday lady! It looks like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

    Looks like you had a pretty fabulous time! Great timing too I see - Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    oxo,
     
    ML
    TWENTY YORK STREET
    Follow @20YS on Twitter : @20YS
    Follow @20YS on Facebook: TWENTY YORK STREET
    Recent post: http://www.twentyyork.com/2012/10/jacob-review-sunshine-yellow-collar.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Old lady indeed!

    I didn't realize there was a mini golf course in Jasper. How did the real grass work out for you? (And why is it so green....seems creepy and unnatural...)

    Looks like you did a pretty darn good job of finishing off that spiffy list. I also can't wait to see the gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!I hope you have a great year! Your birthday is a few days after mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!
    I've been reading your blog for a while and have never commented until now.
    Your blog always brings a smile to my face. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, may it be filled with free drinks, ice cream and chocolate (they may be just my birthday requirements, but a good place to start never the less). xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Lady!! A special present is being mailed your way tomorrow =) So awesome you were able to get so many of your "tasks" completed!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy freaking birthday!! I can call it a freaking birthday because I know that you're now mature enough to handle that. 25 was definitely too young for a freaking birthday... but now! Woo hoo, bring on the freaking! (how wrong does that sound?)

    Yep. Have the best birthday friend. just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday!!! that ice cream and the hot springs look amazing. hope your day was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg. Happy birthday!!! My super awesome & uber pretty blog bud. It sounds like you had such a great time. That view looks amazing. It's so sweet that you guys conquered his fear together.

    Loves ya,
    Adriana.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy (late) birthday!!I am seriously inspired to do my own little list before my next birthday, because honestly it looks like you just had way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete