Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Homemade Big Mac

Photobucket

If you've been a reader for awhile, you know that Ian is all about cooking up ridiculous things, and that, more often than not, those ridiculous meals are ridiculously unhealthy and ridiculously delicious. Well, that's the case with our dinner on Sunday night. You see, Ian watched a YouTube video on how to make a Big Mac a week or two ago and has been talking about it ever since. So, on Sunday night, he proposed we make them using the ingredients that we already had in the house. And, of course, I said "Heck yes! Let's do it."

And, as always, I have no regrets. It turns out, Big Macs are incredibly easy to make. The patties are literally just ground beef seasoned with salt and pepper. There is nothing else in them! So, you just make two really thin patties, fry them up until they are good and cooked and pop them on a bun with shredded lettuce, diced onions, sliced pickles, cheese slices and Big Mac sauce -- mayo, Thousand Island Dressing, relish, paprika and garlic powder. Easy peasy and so delicious.

Now, we didn't have any sesame seed buns, so we used some multigrain ones we had in the fridge. We also didn't have cheese slices because, well, they're disgusting, so we used cheddar. And, we didn't have iceberg lettuce, so we used leaf. But, even with all the alterations, our burgers turned out to be amazing. They actually tasted like Big Macs, although, ever so slightly better. (I think the real cheddar did the trick!)

So, there you have it folks, another of our glutenous dinners. Have you ever tried to recreate a meal from a fast food restaurant? This is Ian's second recreation. The first was the Double Down from KFC. I have to admit, that was pretty damn good, too.

11 comments:

  1. you can just STOP IT. now I'm hungry for a burger and it's breakfast time. Shoot. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you improved on it! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw man, I want a Big Mac now! Our closest McDonald's is an hour away -- I might have to share this with Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even though I don't eat meat, I can appreciate a good ridiculous meal! And I must admit that does looks pretty darn tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, that looks soo delicious!! And really easy to make. I love Big Macs but they're crazy unhealthy for you -- your version looks so much better.

    xo, Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  6. look at that thing?! how on earth did you eat that! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the Double Down post was one of the first of yours I ever read...and I've been coming back ever since!

    That looks delicious. So....very....delicious.....I have ground beef in the fridge RIGHT NOW that is now begging to be turned into this ridiculousness instead of stupid tacos. Nom Nom Nom.

    p.s. Sorry for slight, tacos...I still love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I need to try th is. I keep saying "Raimund, we're getting pudgy, let's diet." Then I see a post like this and I think "To hell with it, I need this."

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always wanted to know what was in the big mac sauce! I'm going to have to try it now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum sounds wonderful! Never knew what was in a Big Mac sauce.

    ReplyDelete