Monday, October 8, 2012

Lesson learned

Photobucket
Yesterday I learned something. I learned not to write a post about something awesome that's supposed to happen, but hasn't happened yet. Why, you ask? Well, because when that amazing thing doesn't happen, then you have to come back to the blog and write a womp womp-style post about how everything went wrong. If you checked in yesterday, you probably already know I'm about to tell you my helicopter ride fell through. Yeah. That happened. Can you believe it? That's the third, maybe even fourth time, in my life that has happened. This time, well, I don't want to get into the details, but things went sideways, I shed a quick tear of disappointment and then Ian, his pal Allan and I did our best to salvage the day by visiting the local museum.

Photobucket Photobucket There were a whole butt-load of stuffed bears there, so, of course, I had to bust out my best bear impression. But, somehow, I don't think I'm quite as intimidating. I could really use some bigger teeth and claws... and a better growl. I'll work on it and get back to you.

Photobucket
In the basement with the bears, was also this super creepy mannequin dude. No joke, as we were walking down the stairs, I saw him through a window and literally jumped. He is truly nightmare material. Ick!

Photobucket PhotobucketThen, upstairs, I was scolded by a schoolmarm. Considering the fact that she had a "Record of Corporal Punishment" and a meter stick on her desk, I think I got off easy with a stern talking to.

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Well friends, there you have it: the Valemount Museum in a nutshell. Not pictured is the cool model train track, the big caboose, the awesome teal and white wood stove and some weird local art.

In other news, if you've been keeping track, you already know that tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY! I won't give away all the surprises, but I will tell you that I didn't manage to accomplish all the goals on my list. I did, though, knock quite a few off over the weekend.

So, anyway, while you patiently wait to wish me a happy birthday, why don't you tell me how you deal with disappointment when it comes to blogging? Do you avoid writing about future events, just in case they don't happen? Or do you take the chance?

6 comments:

  1. I usually will go ahead and write about future events and then the womp womp that goes along with it sometimes. That museum looks pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though this is a womp-womp post, it's still pretty awesome, because that museum looks ridiculous. I want to go there. And don't worry about posting things because you're excited. Post about whatever, whenever. If it doesn't happen, well that's just life and everyone here has experienced that. Life isn't perfect and neither is blogging. Don't stress about it chick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never have super huge events to write about on my blog, so I guess I've never really worried about that. At least you managed to have a sort of fun day. Next time hopefully, yeah?

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww that's too bad. That museum looks creepy and awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very happy un-birthday to YOU, to you?? To You! Glad you redeemed a disappointing time with some cool/creepy sight seeing..

    I think I would have jumped/peed myself seeing that dude too.. but maybe it's because I'm 'trying' to watch this Walking Dead series with my hubs!.. and that guy's just too similar to zombie weirdness)!

    By the way, I send you a big BEAR hug for your birthday tomorrow.. graaawwwr.
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady! No worries! We are here to be excited with you, and to feel your pain when the shit hits the fan...so lay it all out.

    I haven't sent your birthday present yet. I am a BAD FRIEND! Heck, I haven't even really figured out what you're getting...so...I'm a REALLY BAD FRIEND! I hope you have a great week of birthday dinners or desserts or whatever is coming your way!

    And just forget about the helicopter ride...that creepy zombie guy looks way more fun to me! (wink!)

    ReplyDelete