Friday, October 12, 2012

Men that cook

Photobucket
How good does that look!?!
A week ago, one of Ian's best pals came for a visit. He and Ian used to be roommates and have known each other since high school. They're bros, like, for real. They know each other so well, it's kind of ridiculous. Anyway, one of the things the boys have in common is that they love to cook. Actually, more than loving to cook, they love to cook ridiculous things. They think something up and then they do it, without even batting an eye. I think Ian told Allan about four times during his visit that one of the things he loves the most about their friendship is their follow through.

OK. So on to the food. After we visited the hot springs, had ice cream and went mini golfing, the boys decided it was time to make three homemade pizzas. Yeah. Three large homemade pizza for the three of us. I was a little skeptical, suggesting that might just be a touch too much food for three people, but they weren't having it. It was pizza night and there were going to be three pizzas.

Photobucket And these weren't just any pizzas. These were gourmet. The first photo is of a cheeseburger pizza, which once cooked had lettuce, tomato, pickles and a special sauce sprinkled on top. (That one was my favourite!) The second photo is of a BBQ chicken pizza, which had sauteed mushrooms and onions, pineapple, chicken, peppers and BBQ sauce. (That was my second favourite.)

Photobucket The final pizza was a mixed sausage, artichoke heart, onion and pepper creation. It was also pretty delicious, but up against the other two, it came in third.

Now, you might think that's where the "men that cook" talk ends, but no, no, no, there's more. You see, Allan was here for Thankgiving, so of course we had to do something totally epic in the ol' kitchen to mark the occasion.

Photobucket What we have here is a de-boned chicken with meat stuffing in the middle and a weaved bacon blanket on top. Yup. We ate that, and it was truly one of the most amazing things to cross my lips.

Photobucket So we ate this delicious meat treat with a bacon-packed meal. We had BLT salad with homemade dressing and croutons and brussel sprouts cooked with bacon, lemon juice and lots of black pepper. Can you say YUM!?!

Well folks, there you have it, the greasy, delicious, ridiculous food I ate last week. I gotta say, I'm pretty blessed to have these men in my life. As a lady who gets very little satisfaction out of time spent in the kitchen, men like these are a heavenly treat... especially since they get so excited when their creations come to fruition.

Do you ever have culinary dreams that just have to come true?

7 comments:

  1. Holy smokes... carnivore much?! lol That triple meat bacon lattice is something else! Glad you have those guys around to keep you well fed. I have a pretty handy guy in the kitchen too, and it's seriously the quickest way to my heart ~ feed me good! ;o)
    P.S.. would LOVE to get a special creation into your hands.. I msg you on my blog, just give a holla'back girl.
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love it! All those pizza looks absolutely amazingly delicious! And Will is pretty much drooling over the bacon chicken!

    I am such a fan of trying out new things even if they don't come out all that well, I just get a kick trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is wonderful! I really really wish my man was a cook! I think if we have a boy child some time down the line I am going to make a point of teaching them to cook. Your welcome future child in law.

    ANYWAY, we also made something wrapped in bacon for the holidays. Turkey wrapped in bacon. It was also delicious.

    So here's to wrapping things in bacon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your existence right now. Turkey that's not only wrapped in bacon, but also stuffed with more meaty goodness? Awesome. Those are some pretty sweet pizzas which I may just have to try replicating myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O.M.G. This looks like quite a feast. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chicken... Holy geez. It's tempting me to lick my computer screen. Woah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally men cooking. But it looks sooo goooood. I'm so hungry right now haha begging Rob to make me pizza now ;P

    xo

    ReplyDelete