Wednesday, October 3, 2012

My issue with bathrooms

Photobucket
Who thought it was a good idea to put a shelf right above the toilet? Seriously, that has got to be the worst plan ever. You have no idea how many times I've accidentally knocked things in the toilet bowl because of that damn shelf. Admittedly, I use the shelf, so it's probably partially my fault. But, at the same time, it's the only real storage space in the bathroom, so I really don't have any other options.

Photobucket

In the instance pictured above, I dropped my deodorant and a bottle of ibuprofen, which, of course, decided to open after impact. Yup. This is my life. I have to go rooting around in the toilet for things that fall off my bathroom shelf. If it's not deodorant, it's hairclips or my toothbrush. Actually, now that I think of it, it was Ian that "accidentally" dropped my toothbrush in the toilet. I can assure you it hasn't been used on my teeth since. It has, though, been used to clean the contacts on our car battery.

Anyway, the moral of the story is shelves above toilets are the devil and rooting around in toilets will be gross no matter how many times you clean the bowl.

Oh! And, having a boyfriend means all of your embarrassing, gross, toilet-hands moments will be captured on camera.

12 comments:

  1. You are hilarious. If only someone would invent some sort of "lid device" that could be secured to the top of the toilet to deflect things when they fall from above....hmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. Anything of mine that fell into the toilet would go directly into the garbage can, no matter how clean that toilet bowl may be!

    Pro-tip: if you have a plastic grocery bag lying around, you can use that as a makeshift glove so you don't get toilet water all over your hands. :]

    RIP, Ibuprofen and deodorant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you and your potty humour.
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a shelf above my toilet too. Never had this happen though, haha. We have to keep the lid down for our kitties. My problem is always dropping things into the trashcan....and it can never be right after I changed the bag, it's always when it's super disgusting. I guess you're lucky that nothing fell in there right after someone used it. Ewwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many a house I've seen with a shelf about the toilet and I never understand why someone would think that's a great idea. I've knocked toilet paper into the toilet and that sucks! It just automatically absorbs all the gross toilet water. Bleh.

    ♥ Jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't thank me. Thank the internet.

    I thought this was an original idea... Google quickly showed me otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo maybe a nicely painted piece of wood as a cover almost! That might prevent some things from falling. I hate what that happens, too ;P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha this is so hilarious. made my day, your expressions are priceless. ah, the joys of toilets.

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man, your face cracks me up. Funny post!

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I dropped FULL ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER into the toilet because of damn back shelves? Yes, yes I have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do this ALL the time. I just try to make it a habit to close the seat :)

    ReplyDelete