Thursday, October 4, 2012

What to Wear: to a pumpkin patch


I'm so excited to announce that for this edition of What to Wear, I actually went to a pumpkin patch. I have been dreaming about such an adventure for years, but it's never worked out. Last year we had JUST arrived in Jasper when autumn began, so I didn't get a chance to go to the nearest patch (in Edmonton, four hours away). The year before I had just moved to Yellowknife, which obviously doesn't have a pumpkin patch. And the year before that, I was supposed to visit one outside of London, ON, but the plans fell apart at the last minute and my dreams were SHATTERED. So, when I found out we were going to the city last week, I immediately went into planning mode. I was not going to let this opportunity pass me by AGAIN. And, let me tell you, I was not disappointed. It was AH.MAZING. And, you know what else was AH.MAZING? The fact that I got to go with Lisa from not ladylike. That's right! Lisa, who also participates in What to Wear!!

Photobucket Here we are being totally awesome in front of a whole crap-ton of pumpkins. (This photo was taken by Lisa's little Dude, who accompanied us on our pumpkin patch adventure. Aside from being out photographer, he was also our guide through two corn mazes and he didn't even get us lost once. Impressive, right!?)

Photobucket And now for an embarrassing/slightly hilarious story about my pumpkin patch outfit. So, I met Lisa at a mall and I just happened to be a bit early, so I decided to do some shopping. I was in the city (Edmonton) after all. So I went into American Eagle and found these cute black skinny jeans and this stripey shirt. Do you get where I'm going with this yet? You have seen the outfit I wore on that exact same day, so you should be putting two and two together by now. No? Fine. I'll spell it out for you. So, I bought said jeans and said shirt and then decided that they were much cuter than the outfit I already had on. So, before Lisa showed up, I ran to the bathroom and switched my outfit. Yup. That happened. And yup, I'm a bit of a fool.

Photobucket And so I hang my head in fake shame and laugh at my goofiness. (For the record, I regret nothing! Also for the record, I don't wear Mardi Gras beads as an actual accessory. They were proof that I had paid admission to the patch... Please don't judge me!)

PhotobucketLooking back on my first pumpkin patch adventure, I'd say, the outfit turned out to be just about right. I got a little bit dirty and I did some jumping around, so I'm glad to have been wearing pants and not the dress I had originally planned. As for the three-quarter-length sleeves, they were perfect for the fall breeze.

Photobucket From top to bottom:
Shirt: American Eagle
Pants: American Eagle
Shoes: Ardene
Bag: Yellowknife dump (No joke. I savaged it! In other words, I am a garbage picker.)

Photobucket Well, that's it for me folks. Be sure to check out all of the other lovely pumpkin patch outfits being featured on blogs today. And don't forget to come back on Oct. 18 when we show you What to Wear: on laundry day.

Have you ever been to a pumpkin patch? If not, I'll be posting more photos from our adventure tomorrow, so be sure to check back in!

13 comments:

  1. I LOVE pumpkin patches and apple picking and all things Fall. Your outfit was perfect for all of the above- and you picked such a perfect little pumpkin too! Will you carve it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I had actually gone to a pumkin patch! This looks so fun! Have you carved your pumkins yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PUMPKINS!!! I am so impressed that you were going to wear a dress for our little outing! Like we were on a date....awwww.

    You did look super cute, though, and I am glad the pictures I took for you turned out! Dude's were super blurry...geez. I've got to get him some lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stripes are super cute! And I second the comments about you whipping out a dress for the occasion. Hopefully we get to see it in a different outfit photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Looks like a lot of fun. Which pumpkin patch did you visit? It doesn't look familiar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown"! I love pumpkin patches and mazes! Lots of fun! Glad you had a chance to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am frequently guilty of changing into new things immediately or wearing them out of the store. No shame in that! Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the striped shirt!


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I think it's awesome that you immediately put it on. Totally what I would do :D And I'm so jealous of those pumpkins :( And it must have so cool that you could do a duo what to wear! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for garbage picking! why people throw away perfectly good things is a mystery to me, but I'm glad you found your bag and gave it a second chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw! You two look great. Your pictures came out so good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. You both look adorable- I love the joining of forces for this! Your outfit is cute and your story behind it makes it even better :) What a great bag, I can't believe someone threw that away- yay for rescuing it!

    ReplyDelete