Friday, November 16, 2012

Packages. Packages. I love packages.

Photobucket I know. I know. Halloween was weeks ago already. BUT. I signed up for a Halloween Package Swap awhile back and mine just arrived in the mail yesterday, so despite being behind the times, I'm going to show off my new wares. My swippity swappity buddy was Kailyn from Wandering Free. You can see what I sent her here. And, to see what she sent me, just keep on scrolling.

Photobucket

I got candy galore, Beetlejuice (I am so freaking excited to watch this again. It's been YEARS!), Corpse Bride (Hello, Johnny Depp's voice. *Swoon*), adorable Halloween socks that I won't be too ashamed to wear all year-round, and a cute card. Not a bad haul, eh!?

I know I've said it about 100 million bazillion times before, but MAN, DO I EVER LOVE SNAIL MAIL! I was so pumped at the post office that I ripped into the packaging within seconds of the parcel reaching my fingertips. And, to top it all off, this was only one of two parcels that arrived yesterday. That's right, folks, I'm a popular lady with a hardworking mailbox.

Photobucket The above parcel was courtesy of my pal Lisa from NotLadylike. When I opened it up, I was super excited to see that she made most of the gift herself. The card, a notebook and A PUMPKIN STAMP! I love homemade touches. I just love the idea of someone taking the time to sit down and create something for me, or someone else. It's just so thoughtful.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Also thoughtful, the fact that Lisa knows I'm a diehard chai lover, so she included a chai chocolate bar. Have you ever heard of this? I sure hadn't. I haven't yet eaten it, but boy, am I ever excited to. I think I'm going to have to pop in Beetlejuice and just have a gorge-fest on all of my goodies. Chai chocolate, Mike and Ikes, Sour Patch Kids, Nerds, Spree... life is good in the Gypsy house.

Photobucket
So, anyway, I have to send out a huge thank you to Kailyn and Lisa for taking the time to put together such amazing packages for me. You two ladies sure do know how to turn a day from 'Meh' to 'GRRRRRRREAT' (Tony the Tiger style!).

Has anyone else had anything fun show up in their mailbox lately?

11 comments:

  1. You got some fun mail, lucky lady! Nothing better than getting packages! A chai chocolate bar, are you kidding me??? YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF anyone deserves special goodies in their mail.. it's you! What a fun haul... annnnnnd, have you heard of chocolate chai TEA my friend?? Oh yes, its loverly too!

    happy weekend binging! ;o)
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chai chocolate?! Wow! What great packages. Oh how I love getting snail mail too. I got some today... but it was just my special medicated shampoo sent over from Ireland by my parents, so not quite as exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute socks! I love them!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at all of that loot!! I love snail mail too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great loot you got there! I'd be a bit jealous if I hadn't had such a good mail week myself;)
    Gotta love packages in the mail!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snail mail is AMAZING. Never disappoints :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll have to let me know how that chocolate bar was. I've got some good ones from Planet Organic and a spectacular fail!! I'm glad you liked your gift. I also enjoy snail mail! I can't wait for all the Christmas presents I've ordered to start arriving.

    ReplyDelete