Monday, November 12, 2012

Ski bum

Photobucket I skied on opening day, Friday, and it was amazing. So, so amazing. (That's not me above. It's some random that I creeped because I adore the colour of that jacket. Don't judge me!) I've been skiing since I was a kid, but not religiously. Over my lifetime I've probably only been on a hill 20 times. And, most of those times came with huge gaps in between – literally years.

When Ian and I moved to Jasper, he was convinced we would ski the winter away, but we only made it up to the mountain three times last season. This year, though, that's all going to change... because we got seasons passes. SEASONS PASSES!!

My goal is to at least get on the hill twice a week for the entire season. That will work out to more than 30 mountain visits!! 3-0. That's a lot of ski time. I mean, not compared to the diehards. (I met a guy who skied 153 days last season. Mind you, he was retired.) But, for me, a full-time working lady with a blog and now a bit of a teeny-little crafting business, 30+ times seems like the perfect amount. It's enough that I feel my pass is worth it and it also gives me time to do all of the other things I love to do and need to do.

Eeeeeee... bring on winter! Bring on snow! Bring on mountain visits and hot chocolate! I want it all and I want it RIGHT NOW.

What are you guys excited for this winter season? Do you ski or board?

10 comments:

  1. I'm excited to learn to ski or board this winter! I've said this for the last three winters since moving to the North, but IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR! I will learn. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. im going for 50 days this year! WITHOUT a pass.
    had to save the dough for my argentina trip....

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skiing is not something I was ever good at. I had to sing to myself the whole way down to keep from falling! haha. Glad you guys had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Tom and I had season passes both last year here in Utah at Snowbird and back home in Colorado at Winterpark/Mary Jane. This year though since I started my own business and all, I won't have a pass :/ but still plan on going up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! I wish I lived in an area where I could just go skiing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was all pumped to try snowboarding this year for the first time. I've skied, but I've never strapped by feet into a snowboard. I hurt my knee the other day...skipping rope. How lame is that? But there's still hope...there's still a snow-filled-too-old-to-be-a-beginner-day to be had on the mountain. Here's hoping I find a patient instructor!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. I miss snowboarding sooo much. It's pretty much non-existent in Georgia. I am so looking forward to Oregon.

    Have fun with those passes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like to sit on my couch with hot chocolate and watch Northern Exposure. Does that count? haha. I have never been skiing or boarding!! It looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally mastered not falling off a snowboard AND I got a new (to me) board last year so I can't WAIT to go up this season! I have to wait a little longer than you though... I'm not as north! I'm also DYING to go to Whistler because I've never been and it's SO close, so hopefully that will happen too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeeeeeeee!! i've got a season pass for our local mountain too! i can't get enough. i'm ready for the snow to dump so i can get up there and board my heart out!

    ReplyDelete