Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful Tuesdays: alone time

Photobucket

Over the weekend, I took some time for myself. I went for a wintery walk; I went to a craft fair and wandered around, taking the time to talk to everyone I know and some who I don't; and I spent some time crafting and watching whatever tickled my fancy (mostly Kitchen Nightmares. You-all know how I feel about Gordon Ramsay, right!?).

Sometimes it just feels so good to take a couple of hours to do something I enjoy. Something that I don't have to share with anyone. Something that is just for me. I find it can be so easy to let your schedule get bogged down with people and things to do that you don't ever find time to just be. To just sit back and be lazy. Or to just be with your own thoughts out in nature. As I grow older, I realize more and more the importance of this time to myself. Time to be creative. Time to just think. Time to choose the music without wondering if someone else will like it. There really is something to be said about alone time. Even if that alone time is spent in a room full of people selling or shopping. I actually really enjoyed the freedom of perusing people's wares without feeling I was holding someone up or rushing them. I guess it's the ability to move at my own pace that I'm really learning to value.

So, this week, I'm thankful for productive, creative, soothing alone time.

What are you thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. It's so important to take time for yourself! That wintery walk sounds so lovely. That's what my craft space is for -- it's my "me" place, where I go and close my door and just do something that's fun for me (without worrying whether or not anyone else is having fun!). Also my yoga classes; I walk out of there feeling like a million bucks and a better person and the shift in my headspace towards positivity is pretty epic.

    I'm thankful for 4-day weekends, big coffee cups, Google weather accurately predicting rain, yoga, daylight savings time making my mornings infinitely more tolerable, my aunt tackling heartbreaking hardship like a boss, eBay, and awesome friends (like you!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..that sounds soooo perfect.. I'm jealous! lol. Good things to savour, my friend!
    xx
    mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i love your thought, we know we always have a time for ourself, just chill out because i feel it too :)
    you have a great blog, Im following you now! Mind to follow back? Kisses <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loooove me some alone time. It's so important!
    And I actually prefer shopping alone, especially when it comes to craft markets. I like to take my time and look at every single thing, sometimes twice :) Few people (that I know, at least) have the right amount of patience to go shopping with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lovely day! I like to take some time before bed to turn up my 20th Century Radio crime dramas, and read, and doodle in my journal. Right now, that's about all the "me time" I get.

    I'm thankful for good coffee, warm socks, hot breakfasts, and friends who reach out to me even when they're a world away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love alone time. I'd rather be with my husband, in general, but sometimes taking a second to chill out feels amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also a fan of Gordon Ramsay. LOL. LOVE kitchen nightmares (although the American version doesn't compare to the original goodness of the British one). ANYWAY I love taking some time to do things I enjoy, good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete