Thursday, November 1, 2012

What to Wear: for Halloween


Photobucket Happy day-after-Halloween everyone! I hope you-all ate a butt-load of candy. If you can't guess from the above photos, I was a gnome for All Hallow's Eve. If you've been reading for awhile, you'll know that I ordered that mushroom skirt MONTHS ago and haven't yet shown it off on the ol' blog. I'm only slightly sad that it's first appearance is as part of a costume, because, well, I totally wear it IRL. Oh well, though, it's the perfect gnome skirt, right!?

Photobucket I made my patchwork gnome hat last weekend. It's just a few pieces of red felt sewn together.  Other than the hat, vest and socks, the rest is stuff right out of my closet. Now, that's my kind of costume!

What did everyone get up to for Halloween? Did you dress up?

Before you go, don't forget to check in with the other What to Wear ladies. I'm sure they have some super cute costumes to show off!

Katherine: thinkin' outloud

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh yes this outfit rocks. I love it! And that skirt is totally adorable. I can't wait for you to show off it's daily, non-costume-y fashion look soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOooooooooh my kindred-mushroom-spirit-sprite! You look adorable!! Kudos for stitching up that cute hat too. But that skirt.. I feel like the Hulk over here for how green I'm turning with envy... lol. AMAZING.
    (You could have take part in our family Red Riding Hood shot I'm sure!) We'll adopt you.. no worries. ;o)
    mel
    needle and nest design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your costume, too cute! Love the skirt as well and I would definitely wear in IRL too of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You, my dear, are the cutest gnome ever! :) I really love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great costume idea!! I'm seriously writing this down as future ideas :) I LOVE that skirt, it's perfect for this outfit but I would be wearing it all the time too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you were a gnome! haha! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so smart to use stuff you already have! We spent way too much on Halloween gear this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTE! I wanted to be a gnome too! Love the stockings and the Hat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang cute. Me and the husband went as Axl Rose and Slash (I was slash)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, cuuuuute! I love your mushroom skirt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm convinced I'm going to be a gnome next time haha! You look adorable, and I love that you made the hat yourself.

    ReplyDelete