Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A misfit Christmas

Photobucket
We had our big Christmas shindig at our place on Saturday night. It was awesome. No joke, it was the best holiday celebration I've had in a long time. Dinner turned out amazingly well (Ian's first turkey. High-five Ian!). We had a house full of great friends. Our fridge was stalked with delicious beverages. My tree was shining bright, and we were even treated to some live music from a few of our guests (and Ian!). It was truly perfect! Anyway, without further ado, here are some photos from our cozy little gathering.

Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The evening included my favourite people, colouring placemats, eating the most amazing Brussel sprouts (green balls) to ever grace my plate, listening to our pal Hector serenade us with gorgeous Spanish love songs, a silly gift exchange, teamwork in the kitchen – before, during and after the cooking – and good old fashioned merrymaking. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

How was your Christmas? Were you with your family or did you spend it with your friends?

7 comments:

  1. Your misfit Christmas looked like such a blast! We had some friends over for the weekend as well, but it was pretty low key and chill and non-holiday-ish, which I"m totally good with. This was actually the first Christmas David and I got to spend together, sine he's usually out of state with his family. It was so amazing and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so lovely and fun!!! I always spend my Christmas with family, an evening with friends sounds perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds amazing and that turkey does look perfect! Love your shirt and I'm o glad you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed our kitchen has the same layout except my cupboard are white and my counter top looks different hahah

    This looks like so much fun!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun fun! Friends make for a real great 'chosen family' don't they? Glad you had a blast! Ours was good - despite pesky colds/fevers brewing - it just seems like a blur though!!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a happy Christmas! My friends and I didn't do a proper meal with a turkey (that looks AMAZING by the way!) but we did have our friend's homemade tamales (from his mom's "famous" Mexican recipe!)

    Hope you have as wonderful a New Year as you did Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a fun Christmas! I spend the day with some of my family, but not all. We all live so far apart these days!

    ReplyDelete