Sunday, December 30, 2012

At this time last year: December

Photobucket
Every month I like to do a little recap of where I was one year ago. I find it reminds me of where I've been and what I've accomplished since then. And, it also reminds me of where I want to go. December is always a fun month to look back on. Although it's riddled with the stress and anxiety of preparing for the big day, there is also so much joy and excitement to remember. It's a month filled with crafting, parties, time with family, good food and good times. So, here for you, is how I spent December 2011.

Photobucket
Last year, I went to my friend Lynn's card making workshop and made all of my cards in one evening. It was awesome. Lynn has everything you can imagine – stamps, sparkles, punches, fancy paper, you name it, she has it – so, I went nuts!

Photobucket

It was also last December that I started my Etsy shop... which I have subsequently let die. I am selling my flowers in a shop in Jasper, though, and I have sold them at craft fairs. They're out there, they're just not on the internet. The truth is, I love them, but I'm not passionate about making them and attempting to make money off of them. I would rather make them as gifts, sell them and give the money to charity or just make my money back by selling them for cheap. So, that's what I'm doing and that's what's making me happy one year later.

Side note: wasn't my hair gorgeous!? Oh my gosh, do I ever miss it. I decided a couple of months ago that I must have it back, so no more haircuts for me – at least for a little while.

Photobucket

It blows my mind that this was a year ago already. That means that Ian and I haven't taken out the fondue pot in 12 months!! I think that means it's time for a fondue party. Heck ya!

Photobucket

If you've been hanging out around these parts for awhile, you'll likely remember this photo. It's from our apartment photoshoot. This was one of the last ones we took. I seriously love taking photos with Ian. Not only does he have all of the necessary equipment, he has all kinds of goggles and clothes that make for amazing costumes, and he has brilliant ideas and he knows how to bring them about. I guess that's the sign of an creative mind. Sometimes I sit in awe of his imagination and wish I had even a sliver of it to hold as my own.

Photobucket

Last Christmas, I spent with my sister Kathy, her husband Mike and Mike's mom and dad, Rosemarie and John. We had a lovely relaxed holiday together in Kelowna, with time for Value Village shopping, crafting, cooking, eating, and much merrymaking.

Photobucket

After Christmas, I bused to Vancouver to see my brother and nephews. It was so fun to sit down with the kids and watch them open their gifts and to help them open the packaging. It was also amazing to be back on the West Coast where there wasn't even a single patch of snow on the ground. Oh how I love walking around in a light jacket at the end of December, especially if I'm walking around Stanley Park when it's all lit up and festive.

Photobucket


Before I left, my brother and I had a day to ourselves, so we decided to hit up the aquarium. I had never been, so it was amazing to see... and, as I discovered, incredibly difficult to photograph.But like the above photo, there were a few gems in the bunch. I just low the glow! So pretty.

After my visit, I took the train back to Jasper (a 20 hour trip!!) and was home in time to take a quick nap, change and head out for a New Year's Eve shindig with a few of my pals. It was a busy month, as it always is, but it's always a good one to look back on.

Do you remember what you were doing in December of last year?

4 comments:

  1. Always so much fun... you have some great memories packed in here once again! Next fondue party.. in a FORT I reckon? ;o)
    Can I just say how cute you and your sis look holding hands across the tree, love it.
    A year sure flies, crazy eh?
    Happy New Year buddy!
    xx
    mel
    needle and nest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking back at old memories and seeing where I was. Fun post! :)

    -Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looove nostalgic posts like this. I felt strange thinking "there is her old kitchen!" just from reading your blog haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gah, I love those two photos of you and Ian! You guys are so funny. And I love this post, so, that's cool too.

    ReplyDelete